[Chiptune] Mario Golf : Koopa Cup (MP3) Magical8bitPlug VSTi

Started by jikoo, April 24, 2009, 23:29:29

Previous topic - Next topic

jikoo

Hello,

Song name: Mario Golf : Koopa Cup
Licence : Creative Commons BY-NC-SA License... for my version obviously !  :wink:
Style: Chiptune
File format: mp3
Kbps: 160 VBR

Listen and download : :arrow: Mario Golf : Koopa Cup - 8bit fast version

I used only one plugin VSTi for all chip sounds : Magical 8bit Plug

I load Magical 8bit Plug 8 times with different names to have different sounds into Modplug tracker.

To listen to original track :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYYL84FFzpQ
Woolyss Tracking | Woolyss Chipmusic

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

g

Very nice cover version, but I don't see how you can put a creative commons license on something when you're not the one holding the copyright? (not that I think anyone minds :))

LPChip

He does hold the copyright to his own song, he just doesn't own the authors right of the original.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

uncloned

ah, no.

The original author of a musical work has rights over *any* performance.
So he can't (and really shouldn't) claim rights to it. At least under US copyright law.

It is by that performance idea that the majors get shake down money from terrestrial and internet radio stations and even the music played in stores...

Check out this story

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5061004/Woman-who-plays-classical-music-to-soothe-horses-told-to-get-licence.html

In the UK the music mafia wants a lady to pay for playing a radio in her stable...

uncloned

that being said - I prefer your version over the original.

jikoo

Obviously, the licence is not for the original version. It's only for mine !  :D

Thank you guys.

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

LPChip

Its very nice, though I would like to have such song as module over mp3.

If I were you I would've sampled the sounds and released it as an IT module. I do that with all my chiptunes. For some reason, I prefer samples when working with chiptunes also because you then have all the effects available, which you don't have when using a VSTi.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

jikoo

ThanX a lot LPChip,

I understand but I like the sound of Magical 8bit Plug simply and it was a performance for me !

I see, I see !!! The MODPlug Tracker Compo 2009 is about chiptune. Strange coincidence !!!  :D  :wink:

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]

psishock

Hey Jikoo, i haven't heard chiptunes lately, your tune is nicely made. Good to c that VSTi-s are involved in that area too.

QuoteI see, I see !!! The MODPlug Tracker Compo 2009 is about chiptune.
umm umm ummm, no. :D It's up to the choice. But one can make a chiptune if he wishes. ;)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

jikoo

Quote from: "psishock"Hey Jikoo, i haven't heard chiptunes lately, your tune is nicely made. Good to c that VSTi-s are involved in that area too.

Thank you psishock for your compliment !  :wink:

[color=#F0F0F0].[/color]