Robots and Maze

Started by Louigi Verona, October 27, 2011, 07:44:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

This project is about generating mazes and then seeing how robots with various solving algorithms progress through those mazes.

http://www.louigiverona.com/rm/

Enjoy!

Rakib

Wow, cool project. Is there any AI involved with this robots?
^^

LPChip

Quote from: Rakib on October 28, 2011, 16:43:07
Wow, cool project. Is there any AI involved with this robots?

Check the info page, and then click on Robots to get all the info.

Very nice. I'd like to see a robot that is able to dismiss all routes as visited, if it is circled in by visited paths. Example:

The blue part is what the bot will mark as "visited" based that its either surrounded by other "visited" or by the edge of the maze.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona

Yes! I also thought about that. Question is - how? Any ideas would be welcome. Each cell has an id, entrance of the maze is 1 and the finishing cell is (size of maze) * (size of maze).

LPChip

Quote from: Louigi Verona on October 29, 2011, 10:38:11
Yes! I also thought about that. Question is - how? Any ideas would be welcome. Each cell has an id, entrance of the maze is 1 and the finishing cell is (size of maze) * (size of maze).

I have no idea, really! :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

There's an XScreensaver hack called "maze" that, I believe, is able to mark out areas that are clearly dead ends based on context. The source is available at http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/download.html -- it may be worth checking out! The method you're after is probably "find_dead_regions", on line 1119 of maze.c.

Louigi Verona

Thanks for the tip! Will check out!