[Ambient?] Raining in the East (MP3)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, August 26, 2008, 10:42:52

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

This is the music I write when I'm stressed. Very simple, very basic - thick and numbing. Synths in Kontakt 3.

Get it here (source)

Coverart:

psishock

plz bvanoudtshoorn mp3 render also. ^_^
i haven't  planned to download and install Kontakt 3 (or any adittional VSTis, just for listening)
posting the source of your work is pretty neat and very respectable. ;)

also, relax man.
"if ya ain't respecting ya body, ain'body gona respect ya"
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Nahkranoth

You never cease to amaze me, Barry. Haven't you got a life or everyday routines?  :D [EDIT] I mean your productivity
Now I'm off to listening :wink:

[EDIT] psishock, the link to mp3 is under the word "here"

bvanoudtshoorn

@psishock: As Nahkranoth said, you can get the MP3 by clicking on the word "here". :)

@Nahkranoth: Well, for really small tracks like this, I can knock them out in an hour or two. Larger tracks take longer. Perdition, for example, took a couple of weeks. :)

psishock

oh... lol :lol: i've fallen for this "get it here (source)" the second time of my life. I will be lot more cautios third time. =)

Listening to it, i was expecting a LOT more agressive arproach, when you said you was composing it in angry mood.
I suppose you make terribly hard melodies with ear-cutting sharp sounds, when your in the most calmed mood. =)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

bvanoudtshoorn

Yep, I tend to have fun with gritty, sharp noises when I'm relaxed. And when I'm stressed, I go down the opposite path. :) Don't ask me why - I think I'm just odd. ;)

LPChip

Very strong intro! Good job on that!

The drums are also very neat, although the bass might overpower it a little bit. The background melody is also very cool. Even if the song ended right here, it would be a keeper. Luckelly for me it goes on! :D yay

Some distant strings in the background to add some melody yet keep the feel from earlier there is a good touch. :)

At the break, you could do a keychange to give it even more depth. :) Going say... 2 whole notes up.

The song isn't ambient I'd say. More lounge/chillout with ambient.

Overall a very good song. Some minor issues that could be improved, but nothing that wants me to delete it. Yes, this is a keeper! Good work m8! :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Nothing to add to the comments already given.
2 hours to make this, I'm impressed.

uncloned

Very nice Barry - I like the textures you have in this one.

You reaction makes sense - it sounds like you are trying to relax yourself.