[Demo] Mad Beat (MOD)

Started by FreezeFlame(Alchemy), August 31, 2013, 16:08:27

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

My first track uploaded.

Rather then composing an complex module track(planned to use .s3m ,but the plan was changed to using .mod),i chose to make it simple.

The download is attached below.Its zipped,so unziping it is adviced(for those not knowing).
Wish you a great time listening to this track. :)

By the way,i used an mix of Waveworld and Sonatina Orchestra samples,in case you want to know from where they came from.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

Can't say much, but... it's rather dissonant and disconnected. But don't worry, many of us have started there. But here's some constructive criticism as well: Especially with slowly fading in samples, like the strings at the beginning, you may want to spread out your melody over several channels and fade out previous notes using tracker commands (e.g. something like A02 in your case) while the new one is fading in, to avoid abrupt sampe cuts.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Nahhh,i compose usualy short MIDI tunes(and long ones if the sequencer doesn't crash).Might post one(since i worked with MIDI around 2 years),but who knows...

And actually,i can't use half of the effects and commands in either MIDI sequencers plus trackers.
Modplug is my first entry to tracker music.This track is,like mentioned just an demo i made in short time.The best is yet to come.

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 31, 2013, 22:04:59
(e.g. something like A02 in your case)
That command,i already knew about it,theres just an little problem:i can't figure out how to effectivly use it when working with the protracker format(same with the effect arpeggio,only that can't use it in any kind of tracker format).Its almost like an curse...

Saga Musix

"Can't use it"? Err... enter it in the effect column and you're done? What's the problem?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

About the Volume Slides in the Protracker format,i actually realized the issue after you're post(i have to endsure that the A02 command has to be A02 all the time if i want it to fade,the A00 one is to continue the sample playback unaltered without fading).
I was to used to the Volumen Slides of Scream Tracker 3 and Impulse Tracker formats in OpenMPT(they work different...used all the time fine-,fine+ to fade with the D00 one till it reaches the desirable pattern number,same with unfading).

But the arpeggio command...,everywhere it says that this kind of command can construct chords.I tried everything,and the end result is hearing some random beeping in whatever kind of sample i have got to use...
What does ''Arpeggio: note+0 note+1'' mean...
Two kind of notes,that construct what?Pitching them up,quicky playing the notes till an specific point...is that what it does?
But still,i have to thank you for helping me on some cases where hope was almost lost.Really,thanks.

Saga Musix

Quote from: Alchemy on August 31, 2013, 23:15:47
I was to used to the Volumen Slides of Scream Tracker 3 and Impulse Tracker formats in OpenMPT(they work different...used all the time fine-,fine+ to fade with the D00 one till it reaches the desirable pattern number,same with unfading).
Yeah well, the MOD format doesn't have "effect memory" for a whole lot of effects. The effect reference in OpenMPT's manual should give you a clear overview where you can use 00 to continue a slide and where not.

Quote from: Alchemy on August 31, 2013, 23:15:47But the arpeggio command...,everywhere it says that this kind of command can construct chords.I tried everything,and the end result is hearing some random beeping in whatever kind of sample i have got to use...
What does ''Arpeggio: note+0 note+1'' mean...
Two kind of notes,that construct what?Pitching them up,quicky playing the notes till an specific point...is that what it does?
Arpeggios are very fast (new note on every tick, so at your usual 6 ticks per row, you get 6 different notes on a single row). They usually don't sound good with "normal" samples (like the ones in your tune), but are more made for short chipped samples. That's why you will see this command being mostly used in chiptunes.