New Website in the works?

Started by maleek, June 08, 2009, 19:40:29

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"Out of curiosity, which minimum are you looking at? A forum? Upload area? Are you planning to use a forum engine or writing one of your own? What kind of upload area is being planned? Is it based on an existing engine?

The idea was to create a framework with plugins so I have a system that skins a page and that I can then program individual plugins to allow functionality like uploading/forum/login/register/etc...

Now I'm more thinking about an SMF install and use existing mods to turn it into what I need, and build upon that.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

maleek

Well, the main site could always be scrapped entirely with a nice and newish forum. :twisted:  :wink:

residentgrey

Once I get my life back on the straight and narrow it will happen. What we have in mind would combine so many things out there, maybe even redefine them. Who knows. It will happen at the perfect time.

2020 is a nice round number eh?  :twisted:

Right now I am refreshing and updating my knowledge on the current standards, Javascript, and PHP. It's gonna take a bit with all the other things I have rolling around here, but it will happen. I think therefore I am and all that.

LP, yes I am working on things. I have a couple sites to finish up for some extra cash and some libraries to get XP in.

BTW Google processing.js it will blow your clogs off!  :P
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

Louigi Verona

LPChip

ResidentGrey,

Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to wait for that anymore. I'm urging more and more into setting up SMF and use the mods available to make what we need. I probably can query in the db and make a script to fetch your songs etc...

I probably have some time thursday. Maybe I'll look into setting things up. We can continue to work on the system in the background, but we're delaying for far too long now.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

residentgrey

I agree. I was leaning towards the SMF idea myself. That is why I have it for the one forum I will be setting up again soon, and on my local machine to mess with.

One can even use one of the blog systems that work with SMF for the rest of the site. It's an idea.

This way we can get the pressure off both of us to produce something.

MPT needs to be changed, I agree.
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.