[GAME]: Guess what this song is a remake of...

Started by LPChip, January 19, 2006, 14:43:33

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Since no one knew what it was, I'll hereby present what the source was.

The gamemusic was from: To be on top

Best emulator to play this: CCS64 (scroll down to download. I've played with version 3 b 1.7)
note: When it asks to press [run/stop], press escape.

I'll get another song up to guess, which'll be easier.

http://lpchip.com/sharing/guess.zip

This is the themesong of this particular game. Good luck. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

sorry, but i don't play c64 all day (although i have one and often visit c64/amiga parties in berlin)

::)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Squirrel Havoc

I had a cardboard box with a keyboard drawn on it when i was 10, and would pretend that was a c64, thats as close as I got. But i was a psychotic kid  :P
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

Any idea what the 2nd link (in the post on the top of this page) is about?

Its NOT a C64 game ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

Wow, the beginning sounds like the intro to the movie Top Gun :)

I have no clue what it is though. When was the game released? It sounds before my time...
-

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Wow, the beginning sounds like the intro to the movie Top Gun :)

I have no clue what it is though. When was the game released? It sounds before my time...

Can't tell the exact date though, but it was somewhere between 1994 and 1997

cyperkid

Quote from: "LPChip"
I'll get another song up to guess, which'll be easier.
:shock:
Its NOT a C64 game.
:|
Can't tell the exact date though, but it was somewhere between 1994 and 1997

sorry, too difficult for me. too many games came out in that time.
all i recognize are the samples/instruments that i also used to use  :wink:
anyway, has the slightly touch of a real Midi-Sound-GoldenAxe-2Player Game and two guys hammering on one keyboard  :D
commodore stole my childhood

LPChip

Nope sorry. There's one thing you're correct about though... Its midi, and this is what I heard over my Gus. :)

MT

I know this one!  It's the theme from Rise of The Triad.  I spent YEARS playing that game.

(I don't have any songs to post because I'm still getting used to the program.)

Squirrel Havoc

Doh! I played that game a lot, but I never noticed the music
-

LPChip

Quote from: "MT"I know this one!  It's the theme from Rise of The Triad.  I spent YEARS playing that game.

(I don't have any songs to post because I'm still getting used to the program.)

Thats correct! :) Well done. If you have a remake (or be able to make one for us to guess?)

If you don't you may pass your turn to someone else? I should have another one. Thats more of a remix though, so i guess i should make a new song instead.

DavidN

ROTT had great music - "Going Down the Fast Way" (first level of the demo version) sounded like it could have been from a Sonic game or something.

Squirrel Havoc

Damn, too bad I didn't finish my remake of the Fatal Mission music, it would have been killer, since NO ONE played it (google for it, you can find the original amiga mods).
-

MT

Made this just this afternoon: here you go.  One of my favourite video game songs ever.  This was on Sega Megadrive/Genesis. :D

Squirrel Havoc

Hmm, sounds like it's from one of the Sonic games, but I don't think it is
-