[Chillout] It's quiet at home (MP3/OGG)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, April 18, 2008, 15:59:21

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

I came home one afternoon really stressed out: it hadn't been the best day, let alone the best week. The house was empty; I dumped my things and sprawled on the coach. As I sat, I realised just how soothing a few moments of quiet can be. With the opportunity to simply relax, I felt all the stress begin to fall away. This song is how I felt when it was quiet at home.

Get the MP3 here, and the OGG here.

If you're interested in the IT file (which you won't be able to get any noise out of, 'cos it's all plugs... :P), you can get it here.

Sam_Zen

Nice feeling, Barry.

I will play this for a close friend of mine, who has moved recently into my house, because it has a small sub-house attached to it.
He is also an composer and writer, and he was living in an area, terrorized by youth gangs tearing up the place constantly,
breaking doors and windows, making noise all the time, etc.
He told me what a relieve it was, not to suffer the constant stress anymore.
(I live in an agricultural area, outside of town)

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks Sam_Zen. Yeah, that's the kinda feeling I was going for. I'm glad that your friend managed to get away from all that - and it's pretty awesome of you to house him. :)

tvdude

Really great piece barry, It's definitely something to be proud of.  My only issue with it is the distorted quarter note  (distorted high hat maybe or saw wave?).  It seems a little out of place to me.  However, music is a personal thing, so take my critique with a grain of salt.  Over all I love the piece.
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

aGIANTpupafish

really nice. loving the laidback feel here. and yes i know exactly that feeling you're convying, don't we all? i think you did it majesticly.

my only complaint would be the same as tvdude's im not quite keen on that high pitched, distorted noise.  i would prefer just an ordinary open hi-hat there. but hey it's a personal preference.

but those piano parts are so rich and luxurious. they are the hot chocolate im sipping as I'm sitting quietly at home :D
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.