More columns inside a channel for VST-effects

Started by Poser, October 26, 2006, 21:58:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Poser

Hi,

i'm using the internal reso/cutoff-filter as you can see:

Now i want to use an vst-effect on channel 3.. no problem if you always use a constant setting for the effect. Then you can just add the effect to the channel and ready...

But if you want to change the settings within the column while playing they is "full" with the other cutoff-filter-gradient (Z2F to ZFF).

LPChip

You can control a VST from another channel by appliny the vst in that channel and give Z instructions there while the notes are being played in the other channel. You need to apply the VST to that channel though.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Poser

Yeah! ;)

But in the second channel i don't put any notes right? Only the effect and the ZXX?

LPChip

Quote from: "Poser"Yeah! ;)

But in the second channel i don't put any notes right? Only the effect and the ZXX?

yes. you apply the VST to that channel, and you enter the Z effect in that channel to control that VST, and that will work.

So:

Channel 1:
[effect VST1]
c-4 01 v64 Eff

Channel 2:
[effect VST1]
... .. .. Z47
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

anyway it's not very comfortable and i think it's being worked on more effect columns per channel, right? ;)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Nahkranoth

Or something like another column to send MIDI CC like MadTracker has. Yes, MT is shitty enough but there was a time when i thought to move to MT because of its really convenient way to send CC)