Export pattern

Started by Sam_Zen, October 03, 2006, 23:34:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Of course I can save a single pattern of the song by setting the order from x to x+0, but it can be quite a hassle sometimes, because pattern#5 is not always on position 5 in the pattern row. It could have been preceeded by :
0-0-1-1-2-3-2-3-4
So an option to 'save pattern#x as wav' would be nice in this case.

LPChip

I'd go for a right click on that pattern in the orderlist, to export as wav. That would be the best.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Well, for a moment I thought I had been very stupid disregarding the right click, but after a check, I realised that you're making a suggestion to solve this. And I support it.

Saga Musix

Wow, this is quite an old request, even one of the oldest on the board here!
I searched through the feature request forum because I was sure that at least one person must have requested in the past what I have realized now - A new functionality has been added to the orderlist: Render order(s) to wave! :D
In a nutshell, you will be able to just right-click on one or more order item(s) and select "render to wave" in the next version.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

g

How about "render order to wave" with the tails of the sounds "wrapped" as an option? Would be great for loops.

edit: I think this may have been requested before that last crash.

Saga Musix

As a workaround, I normally just render the loop pattern twice and then split the wave file in two halves.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Ok, feature implemented in the new test version. If anything is going wrong, please tell us to re-open this request.

g

Quote from: "Jojo"As a workaround, I normally just render the loop pattern twice and then split the wave file in two halves.
That's not really the same if one uses sounds or effects with randomized (or cyclic but not in sync with pattern length) elements.