[DECLINED] Pattern ordering system.

Started by terumi, October 03, 2006, 13:36:55

Previous topic - Next topic

terumi

Can we add a pattern in the pattern order by double clicking on it, in the pattern list (to the left)?

Cheers,

Terumi

EDIT by mod: Declined, as the request can be done in another way too, read this topic for more info.

LPChip

Why not right,click, insert pattern, create new pattern or duplicate pattern?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

terumi

Hmmm, because if you want to add a pattern (say pattern 2) to an order after several patterns (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12) you have to either left click- insert pattern and drag and drop it to the end of the queue, or dublicate track  
which produces the same track with another order number.
Wouldn't it be easier if you could insert it (in the end of the order) by double clicking on the pattern list?

:?

Cheers,

Terumi!

LPChip

Then move your mouse to the right, then right click...? :P

it will insert the pattern after the pattern you click on, so if you right click the last pattern, it will insert the new pattern after the last one.

You can even right click on the [--] orders if it still is in the wrong position.
Note that if you want to add an existing pattern, just click on the [--] pattern and type in its number ;) plus and minus on it also works to get a ++ or -- pattern.

IMO not a feature that has to be added, so I'm closing this one.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "terumi"Hmmm, because if you want to add a pattern (say pattern 2) to an order after several patterns (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12) you have to either left click- insert pattern and drag and drop it to the end of the queue, or dublicate track  
which produces the same track with another order number.
You can also type pattern numbers directly into the pattern order list, or shift+drag an existing pattern to the new position.