[DECLINED] Multichannel export.

Started by terumi, October 03, 2006, 13:31:34

Previous topic - Next topic

terumi

Wouldn't it be great if we could export a song in seperate channels?
One, or two for each track.

It would be even better if we could do the export in a differencial mode.
If in a track we have the same information through different patterns, modplug could generate one sample for all these patterns, exporting a sample map * for us not to loose our way in reconstructing the song.

* (sample of sample map)

pattern 1:
audio_track1_1.wav audio_track2_1.wav audio_track3_1.wav
pattern 2:
audio_track1_1.wav audio_track2_2.wav audio_track3_2.wav
pattern 3:
audio_track1_1.wav audio_track2_3.wav audio_track3_2.wav
pattern 4:
audio_track1_2.wav audio_track2_3.wav audio_track3_2.wav

etc..

Cheers!

Terumi

LPChip

You can already export channels to a full wave, and by adding export order x to x, you can select the patterns to export.

Even though I wouldn't see a reason why to add a distinction between the different patterns, I came to notice that your numbering in the filenames don't make sence, as patter 3 and 4 will overwrite the same file :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

terumi

No, it wouldn't because that would be the sample map (a text file to guide us through the song reconstruction [sample by sample] in a wave-editor par example)  :P

And you cannot export a song in seperate tracks, now you have to solo each track and export (for as many times as the tracks you want to export) in order to have saperate samples.

Cheers!

Terumi

Sam_Zen

LPChip is right about exporting single channels with the 'channel mode' on. There is also the possibility to mute/unmute certain channels and save the song each time with a different name.
And I'm not happy with the term 'sample map'. It could easily lead to misunderstandings.

terumi

Ok, with the "channel mode" you can export your sond in seperate tracks.
This is a lovely feature that other trackers and sequencers (although I'm convinced that they are the same thing ) :P don't have.

If you could export though you song in patterns, you could import them later on, on a loop based sequencer, say, ableton live!, acid ect. for further exploitation.

From my point of view that would be nice (instead of having to split each wav file into loops/patterns).

Cheers!

Terumi

LPChip

Trackers and Sequencers are not the same thing, but I'll start a new topic for that ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

MurdersGalore

if you have channels muted and sav as wave...those channels will be muted in the wav file.....so you can do this manually....though the ability to save each channel as a seperate wav file on the fly would be nice.

Sam_Zen

2terumi
You actually can save single patterns as a WAV, by choosing not to save the whole song, but e.g. From position '3 to 3'