Sample offset.

Started by terumi, October 02, 2006, 13:28:13

Previous topic - Next topic

terumi

Another idea that I had, is to be able to click on a sample position with your mouse, and to see the sample offset somewhere next to the cursor position display. That could do the breakbeater's job easier!

Cheers,

Terumi

Implemented in OpenMPT 1.17.02.53 (closed as the original poster hasn't shown up here for a long time)

LPChip

This is already possible ;)

Move your mouse over the sample, and watch the bottom right of the status bar :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

terumi

So what about a "right click -> copy offset to cliboard" context ?

Thus we could paste the offset of the sample (in hex and not in decimal) right  to a track!!

speed-goddamn-focus

Or even "insert offset" with a detached sample window open at the same time as the pattern editor! :D

LPChip

As the request has been altered, I've reopened the request.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

In the Effects menu the set offset option has a maximum of 65280. I think its about time that number was upped dramatically.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"In the Effects menu the set offset option has a maximum of 65280. I think its about time that number was upped dramatically.

You can, by using another effect, but I can't recall what effect it is. Its an Sxx effect. (SAx?)

speed-goddamn-focus

SAx: Set High Offset
This will set the high part of the offset (only works for sample bigger than 64K. The value x*64K will be added to the next offset effect.

LPChip

Yeah, thats the one :)

EDIT: It works like this, you want to set an offset (hex yxx00) then you set SAy and then Oxx.

So if you want to set an offset of 845056, then you convert it to Hex, which is CE500. So first you do an SAC, and then an OE5.

Saga Musix

I know this request is old, but the feature is very handy (no longer seeking the correct offset, etc).

I actually realised it this way:

(now please, someone set this topic to S=P)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Cool Jojo. :)

I've set it to Pending. May I assume that we can also download the build that fixes this issue? Pending only means: it has been fixed in a build you can download, so please test it. If you only fixed it, but it hasn't been committed to the next build, then it shouldn't be pending yet. :)

Saga Musix

I'll upload the current build (230). Some of my patches are already committed, some are not. In this build, you'll see the sample offset indicator and also a really misplayed "Sign/Unsign" button (just put it there for testing purposes) which can... well... unsign the waveform (same as in the RAW import dialog). :lol: THere's a little flaw in the offset indicator though, i just realized it. You can't read the "[pos1, pos2] (length of selection)" indication when you select a part of a sample anymore as soon as you release the mouse button.

(temporary link removed)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.