Ability to turn the song's tabs into windows

Started by LPChip, August 26, 2006, 12:53:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Snu"
Quote from: "SoundCrafter"I think if most of us could afford multiple screens, we wouldn't be using modplug. Just my opinion though.
i have dual monitors, both of which i got for free (they are 17" crts - those are everywhere and dirt cheap).
it would be nice to have 2 21" lcd screens of course... but i would rather have two 17" crts than one 21" lcd.
that multiple windows thing is nice, but modplug needs the ability to save a default window layout for this to be very useful.
anyway, i think modplug works quite well on one monitor/one window, switching tabs is fast, and one spends most of the time in the pattern editor anyway.

okay, and since modplug has finally its own file format, those windows position could be saved in it... but some problems may accompain this setting, what i mean is opening a module from another computer. maybe those settings could also be saved in the modplug settings rather than in the module itself?!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Snu

i didnt mean saving in the file, i dont think window layouts is the kind of thing that should be saved in a file.  rather, it should be saved in modplug's configuration so its identical the next time you open a file, and after you close and restart modplug.

Saga Musix

well, that's exactly what i said :lol:
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Snu

Quote from: "Jojo"well, that's exactly what i said :lol:
yah, just letting it be known that it was exactly what i said also :)

Skaven

Thread necromancy. This gets a +1 from me, yep. Moving the sample / instrument editor to another display could help.

Would be handy to be able to float the Tree View too, so that I could move it to the secondary display (AFAIK, the Tree View is currently fixed to the left side of the MPT window). I like seeing as many channels simultaneously as I can, and moving the tree view aside would help there (and also saves the trouble of constantly having to shift the tree view forth and back to view it or the channels).

Which reminds me, the scalable view (hi/med/low channel zoom) is handy for getting the big picture, but editing in Lo detail mode is difficult because you can't access the volume / command columns. How about a display mode where the current channel (where the cursor is at) is displayed in full detail, but all the channels around it are displayed in low detail? Would it look confusing?

Harbinger

Actually that's +3 for a necromancer. You need to roll the 12-sided die to determine extra hit points, and but might i suggest you read you magic users spellbook --- at level 12, you'll find something interesting in the next room which may require level 3 Invisibility. :evil: