.43 Wrong playmode after channel manager cmd's

Started by LPChip, July 23, 2006, 22:08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I did the following

I started to play the current pattern in a loop. I went into the channel manager screen. I did some deleting or reordering, and pressed apply.

The sound stopped and continued, but instead of playing the pattern looped, it played the song from that position to the end.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

I don't use the channel manager screen, but this story enhances my experiences with some irregularity in the behaviour of the 'pattern loop' status during playback. I suppose so far, that it has to do with the active tag, from where the 'play' command is given.
There are several elements involved here :
- You always have the bar-functions Play from Start or Play from Cursor.
- If your focus is on the pattern-tab, you have another function available : Play Pattern. Loop Pattern will be default on. But it can be disabled during playing, so the song goes on from that point. An 'irregular' aspect.

Some unpredicted combinations of circumstances not covered by the subroutines ? The status of the commands after a change of tags and their implications afterwards ?

Relabsoluness

Not a surprise that there's another bug in the pattern loop thing, although I use it very frequently and haven't noticed any bugs for a while(partly explained by the fact that I haven't used the channel manager :)).

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"If your focus is on the pattern-tab, you have another function available : Play Pattern. Loop Pattern will be default on. But it can be disabled during playing, so the song goes on from that point. An 'irregular' aspect.
I don't really see that 'irregular'. On the contrary, regardless of the initial choice which makes the mod playing, 'Loop Pattern' acts the same.

Sam_Zen

You're right. "Loop Patterns' acts correct.
'Irregular' was not the good term anyway. I meant the difference, and the switch, between working with a specific pattern, or as part of the song.
The pattern loop thing is a very crucial one, because it's an original algoritm where the value of the pattern-transistion is counted and used as a variable.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs