[industrial-ambient-neo-classical] infernal

Started by hellscion, July 14, 2006, 12:28:24

Previous topic - Next topic

hellscion

ok it is hard finding somewhere to upload music but soon i'll get webspace. anyways, you can find it at either of these sites...

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/3893398/infernal.mp3.html

Also check out:

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/7818482/sigma3.mp3.html

artistserver.com/hellscion

myspace.com/hellscion

INFERNAL. the other songs are also good if ye must know. alright...thanks...tell me what you think  8)
Sometimes in order to see the light you have to risk the dark.

LPChip

Can you please provide a direct link to your song?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

hellscion

LPChip

Tnx. I've edited your first post to include the links.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

hellscion

groovy. check out the music thoughh...breakthrough stuff for trackin' :wink:

hellscion

hmmm it would seem i'm being ignored  :(

Sam_Zen

You're obviously re-posting without new information to get the thread again high on the list..
Don't complain about ignorance. The lack of comment also can mean that there's nothing to react on.

But if you consist on having a review, you can get it. So I listened again.
It starts and it ends (rather abrupt), and in the meantime everything goes as it should be.
It lacks any ambition to produce a solo instrument.
Title is too pretentious : I have other expectations with 'infernal' than this. This could be functional as soundtrack material for a docu about a train station.

twoot

you can always get a freewebs.com account you have to wait 7 days but you get like 500 meg ( i think) of uploading space after that

xaimus

The song could use a lot more "work"--the sound quality was pretty bad.  It felt like the entire track was thrown through a lowpass filter.

Anyhow, as far as the music itself goes, I thought it had potential.  The arrangement and structure of the piece could stand to see a lot of improvement, though.

hellscion

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"You're obviously re-posting without new information to get the thread again high on the list..
Don't complain about ignorance. The lack of comment also can mean that there's nothing to react on.

But if you consist on having a review, you can get it. So I listened again.
It starts and it ends (rather abrupt), and in the meantime everything goes as it should be.
It lacks any ambition to produce a solo instrument.
Title is too pretentious : I have other expectations with 'infernal' than this. This could be functional as soundtrack material for a docu about a train station.

this may or may not be true. however, after reading your comments i feel insulted :? i'm usually around for a few months every year or so to share what i've been working on. this time it was some experimentation with vsti. however with this forum i seem to always have problems with opinionated people. thanks for taking the time to listen but there's really no need for that attitude.  

Quote from: "xaimus"The song could use a lot more "work"--the sound quality was pretty bad.  It felt like the entire track was thrown through a lowpass filter.

Anyhow, as far as the music itself goes, I thought it had potential.  The arrangement and structure of the piece could stand to see a lot of improvement, though.

you're talking about sound quality issues on a tracking forum. good god man...  :shock: i also don't think you gave the song your full attention... i put more work into my music than you think, but it's a very new and experimental style that i don't think you can take in very quickly. if it wouldn't kill you...listen to it a few times over several weeks...then you'll get the full effect.

XAVT

Note that not everyone are trackers here.

Infernal: The overall volume is very low and the sound really lacks a lot. It`s obviously tracked. And don`t get me wrong, tracked tracks can sound better. It gets to the point I`m having hard time defrentiating your snare from the kick or synth. Musically speaking its neither good nor bad. It has no real lead and I didn`t spot a dominant climax or break or anything of that sort which turned the progression of the track to irrelevant. As for the ending, at first I thought "oh bummer, he`s fading it out.." only then I heared that it was rudely and abruptly cutoff, its not a good ending. I dont remember you introducing different instruments other then perhaps a squarish lead which sounded just the same on all accounts as your previous saw lead. The good side is that i did notice a chord progression which did leave some mark on me adding a certain epic feeling to it.

You are probobly rather new to music and belive me you have a lot to learn, as do everyone of us. I suggest you stop being offended by senseir comments which were, beleive me, ment only for your improvment, and start listening to them.

If you think for a while you`ll probobly agree that stating that "youll get used to it in 2 weeks" is absurd. Nowadays you either instantly like it or not. You can get used to the sirens after 2 weeks too [I`m from Israel].

I wish you luck.
A cigarette a day keeps the doctor at bay.
A joint a week makes him look unique.

hellscion

for someone from isreal you are most certainly not keeping it real  :cry: don't judge my musical ability after hearing just 1 song. i've been a musician for around 8 years...  :x longer really but i'm going to refer to how long i've been into tracking..

Quote from: "XAVT"You are probobly rather new to music and belive me you have a lot to learn, as do everyone of us.

i know more about music than you think... but my whole style is experimental so sometimes my ideas don't make a whole lot of sense to some people. with that song though, it is meant to be played LOUD. loud as you can stand it. however i know a lot of people don't like distortion and rough sounds but...as a musician i've learned, for EVERYTHING you like there's someone else that does. it is true that for things like record labels and higher quality sound productions it is best to use very clean and smooth sounds but personally i think perfection ultimately works against us as a species. being imperfect as we are...

LPChip

Guys, please keep it clean. I do not want to lock this topic because its getting out of control.

I always though that when you release music to the public, you were aware that people might tell you what they notice about the particulair song.

In this case, they "think" that the song is a bit average. They have their reasons to think as they are telling it in their comment. It is entirelly up to the submitter to do with the comments as he/she wishes. We trackers do not want to attack the person that made a song, but are you really after a statement as in: i like it. Without a reason or what?

Oh one thing. There's a complete difference in asking someone's opinion here, than from a friend. Why? the people here have experience in making music, and they are the ones that can be both objective and tell you how to grow in your music. A friend/family member will probably say: oh this is great stuff. Why? probably because they are just trying to be polite.

I don't think people want to lie to you in order to make you feel better. It is not good for them and neither is it for you.

Hellscion, can you try the following? Listen to a song you really like, then listen to this one. Try to find out why that other song sounds so much better. Its basically what those people here try to tell you. No offense m8. Really, no offense.

You can even read a positive remark in most of the texts: they said: its not bad...

Sam_Zen

Great post, LPChip..
Nice point about the distinction between loyal, so worthless, family comments, and the observation of a fellow craftsman.

I've made this mistake myself in another thread, but I don't think we should introduce geographic data of the posters into the discussion, which is off-topic anyway; it will just fuzz things up. I regret this.

2 hellscion
My excuses if you felt insulted by my comment. I must have been made a mistake in the formulation, because it was not my intention.
If I should follow your way of thinking, I would feel 'insulted' now, by your assumption, that I wrote things down with some 'attitude'. A kind of preposition. No way.
I listen, and try to compose my impressions in text, as an experience and as a matter of craftmanship for example.

( btw : You didn't so far, but the only one who is allowed to call me 'dude' is Bart Simpson :) )

hellscion

i feel no different than before.....you people talk to me like i'm new both here and to music. i can tell there are many perfectionists here and people that work hard at things often have some sort of idea of holding their perfectionist standards to everything. looking for what something doesn't have rather than what it does. and there you have negativity...

sam zen: alright man i really try to be nice but it's hard. you're cool as far as i can tell.. i think my name triggers a negative reaction because of people's inability to associate anything positive with 'hell'. whether or not that is the case with you i can only wonder, i'll not assume anything. at any rate, i'd rather not have problems wit anyone. so uhh cool, gumshoe(?)