Missing Plugin Error

Started by vince94, October 10, 2018, 01:00:47

Previous topic - Next topic

vince94

A while ago, I installed a free LUFS meter VST, but I wasn't happy with it, so I recently deleted it from the folder I keep all of my .dll plugin files in. Well, now every single time I open the program now, it says this:
Problems were encountered with plugins:
Unable to find C:\ [insert path here] \LUFSMeter.dll

Worst of all, the error dialogue box hides itself under the splash screen with no way of accessing it, and the splash screen just sits there, waiting for you to close the error! The only way to close the two of them is to Alt-Tab away to something else, then into the error dialogue.
Is there a way to get it to stop looking for LUFSMeter.dll on launch?

LPChip

You should be able to remove it from the mptrack.ini file directly, but if you go to the general tab, and press the add plugin button, does it show up there? You may be able to remove it there too.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

vince94

That worked! Though I think in a future version (depending on how much of a priority this is/how easy this would be to implement), the error should have an option like this:
We couldn't find [plugin filename]!
[Dismiss]       [Remove from list of plugins]

Saga Musix

Please consider making a feature request on the issue tracker or your idea will be forgotten very quickly.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.