Chip-Pop mastering

Started by ASIKWUSpulse, October 09, 2018, 22:44:02

Previous topic - Next topic

ASIKWUSpulse

Hi, I'm looking for somebody who can master Synth-Pop, Chip-Pop, etc. I have some tunes in mp3 that are both not loud and sounds "raw", feeling that they lack that last step of making the tune strong.

EDIT:I've to admit I'm planning on a debut EP, so thats why I made this topic in the first place.

Don't know if this is the right thread for these kind of things or requests. But as I've seen, it looks like this is a forum that is mostly based of musicians. So I'm asking here in hope of someone who also have those skills.
My favourite chord transition: Fmaj9 -> Gadd9 :D (I also like it's ±1 semitone variants)

LPChip

Maybe you should check out www.landr.com they're an online mastering service. Also, learning to master yourself is really a good skill to have.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

ASIKWUSpulse

I've had a discussion with Weird Bananas about landr. From his point of view, he said that landr is good for "fast releases", like uploads to soundcloud (which I btw think I'm going to start using when uploading there), but if you want to take a step futher (like an album or similar), an actual person is the key to quality. His album The Possible Made Impossible was mastered by DJ cutman as example.

I've tried mastering from time to time, but the truth of being blind to the possible improvements is the hitback (of course I know some basics like equalizing and compressing). But I'm totally with yo when it comes to have the mastering as a skill.
My favourite chord transition: Fmaj9 -> Gadd9 :D (I also like it's ±1 semitone variants)

ASIKWUSpulse

Tried uploading a sample-tune to landr, listened to the preview... Straight away the result was a more balanced and loud experience. ??? It's actually not that bad
EDIT: But I still think that the EP tunes should be mastered by a person :D 'cause of the described reasons in my past reply. AIs are impressive but humans can be more impressive ;)

LPChip

And humans can also be worse than AI. For example, I think I am reasonably well in mastering, but landr beats my skills every single time. If you really want that level of mastering, you need a pro, and that likely means that you'll have to pay for it too.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

ASIKWUSpulse

I can pay when it's for an album that I plan on releasing on some streaming-service :).

Paradox Uncreated

If you just use 6chans you don´t really need mastering.

ASIKWUSpulse

6chans? do you mean 6 channels or a tool? if it's a tool, I've never heard of it

EDIT: Saw your answer in the new topic