Author Topic: How to use other Melodic Banks for MIDI ?  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Erwill

• Shy artist
How to use other Melodic Banks for MIDI ?
« on: June 20, 2018, 08:27:51 »
Hello everyone.

I use OPENMPT since 1 year, and for some needs reason to my new project, I create musics in MIDI format since 2/3 weeks. (I'm used to use the tracker interface style)

I thought we have only 128 instruments (without drums) until I see in the GM.DLS that there are some Melodic banks which contain different instruments.
But I don't know how to acces them, I tried to set a number at the "MIDI Bank" in the Instruments menu but it always the same instrument, I tried also the CC 00 command but nothing happen.
I tried to export midi but it doesn't use another Melodic Banks than the default one.

So I posted here to get a method on how to use the other melodic bank because I'm interrested by some instruments.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Re: How to use other Melodic Banks for MIDI ?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 13:37:48 »
OpenMPT does indeed not write any bank change information when exporting to MIDI, because it is not a MIDI editor. MIDI export is meant to help with exporting remix stems etc., and not to create fully-fledged General MIDI compositions. Adding bank selection to the MIDI dialog would complicate it a lot for a single use case it was never meant to be used for.
ยป No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.