[Dubstep] Unholy Resurrection (.mptm)

Started by frostray2c, May 31, 2018, 17:34:39

Previous topic - Next topic

frostray2c

Important stuff:

I have included within this rar the plugins i used in this song for those who may not have one of them.

I also need to mention that while listening to the song the mix may seem off, making some instruments uncomfortably loud compared to others. This is because i had the song being mastered in real-time using a chaining plugin i put in FX100. This plugin is kind of jenky with it's directories so i had to leave it out. If you WANT to, however, listen to the mastered version of the song simply solo out channel 23. The mastered WAV song is imported as a sample on that channel, and if you have one of the latest updates of openmpt, the sample will start playing at the appropriate time you start playing.

download

less important stuff:

If you're wondering what method the song was mastered through, i used a DIY mastering method. Instead of one specific plugin i manually split the song into three bands using equalizers, and compressed them individually, then lightly compressed them together. This genre of music is typically meant to be as loud as possible, but I think i found an okay balance.[/li][/list]

Ever since sidekickv3 has stopped working for me I've had to resort to other solutions. Now my new method of sidechaining involves manually automating the volume of certain instruments. And I've come to find that this method is actually more preferable as it gives me more control.

Alot of you may not be a fan of this music, but hopefully you can look through the composition and sound design and find something you are interested in.

J.Ruegg

Sick one!  :D
(couldn't load correctly MLimiter as it's now called MSaturator and I couldn't find the old version, but still sounds great ! )