[Alt-Rock] Ear Hair (mp3) ballad about abuse - google drive download

Started by Exhale, May 12, 2018, 10:12:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Exhale

Made almost entirely in modplug, other than the recorded singing, this song was inspired by many things including my survival of a recent farm attack here in South Africa, my grandmother's death and the documentary 'the red pill'.
Very emotional.

I hope you enjoy it since this is the only place I will be posting it for free download.

guitar made using bluearp and spicy-guitar, if anyone is interested in the other interesting free tools I used, feel free to ask :)
I did all the singing.

Words:
Listen to the tears, they drip loudly
Awaken, we all live in fear, death arrives swiftly

Do you, block your ears, while hearts are unfolding
say you, try walking in their shoes give it a year

Over and over, the abuse ricochets against the walls of our defenses
Each time we loose more care, loose more hair in our ears

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PzeNYtw5GjT9gqFMz_-zM6crOLE5wowh/view

Mr.Eagle

Well, from my point of view the percussions might need a little more pressure. But apart from that, I think the song is really cool and I love the dark mood... :)

Good work & thanks for sharing with us.
sorry for my bad English

Exhale

Quote from: Mr.Eagle on May 28, 2018, 17:33:47
Well, from my point of view the percussions might need a little more pressure. But apart from that, I think the song is really cool and I love the dark mood... :)

Good work & thanks for sharing with us.

I will take that into consideration in the next mix, glad it has been enjoyed - my pleasure :)

- UPDATE -

redid the mix last night, and updated the link above now

Asharin

I quite like this :)  Not a huge fan of the guitar sound, but hey it's a free VSTi :)
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

Exhale

Quote from: Asharin on November 11, 2018, 19:23:30
I quite like this :)  Not a huge fan of the guitar sound, but hey it's a free VSTi :)

Glad you enjoyed the tune :)

spicy guitar simulates a few basic semi-acoustic guitars and I applied a few distortions to it so maybe I should have used one meant to simulate electrics or maybe I should play with the distortions some more or swap guitars in spicy guit... vsts make so much possible  :o

Asharin

Oh it's still good, I like it. It's only the bit right at the start that sounds off, but only to my ears...at the end of the day if YOU like it, that's all that matters :)  That's my philosophy anyway, I make music for me, not for anyone else.
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.