anyone running MPT on imac with wine and VST? and trackers for mac?

Started by AngelDust, January 05, 2018, 06:31:46

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelDust

hello.

was wondering if anyone is running MPT on imac with wine and VST?

i can get MPT to run fine with wine, but things get shitty when i start loading up VST effects. it freezes, crashes and some error with the plugin bridge keeps crashing.

i'm running OSX el capitan

what plugins have you found (if any) that don't cause any issues when running MPT on imac/wine? i'm trying to run the blue cat plugins. just reverbs, chorus and EQs are what i use mostly.

hope someone can help. thank you.

Saga Musix

The plugin bridge in particular doesn't work as well on Wine as it does on Windows. I'd recommend to stick to plugins whose bitness matches that of your OpenMPT instance. These days you should probably try finding 64-bit plugins exclusively.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

AngelDust

thank you for reply. i've got a few of the voxengo plugins working smoothly and for now that will be enough.

the other problem keeps happening on load is "can't find plugins" error message. they are all old plugins that i deleted.
i have my plugins folder set and i have updated my plugins list in the channel section and removed them off the list, but everytime i open MPT again i get that message and they still show up on the list.

Saga Musix

Yes, OpenMPT intentionally remembers all plugins that you have added in the past, even if they might be gone temporarily. In this case, you will have to remove them manually from the list.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

AngelDust

yes i have done that but it still keeps loading with that error message. and even when i delete them they keep reappearing in the list again.

Saga Musix

That's strange, if you remove the plugins they should not be added again. The only reason I can imagine why they would re-appear is that the location of OpenMPT's configuration file (mptrack.ini) is not writable.