Name of the keyboard layout?

Started by dustboxed727, December 09, 2017, 20:17:49

Previous topic - Next topic

dustboxed727

Hi,

I'm curious if there is a specific name for the keyboard layout of OpenMPT's pattern editor, since I would really like to use this layout in FL Studio. The most common layout in most DAWs, like the one in FL Studio, really bothers me. It has to do with the fact that it leaves out some other keys, making it reminiscent of piano keys, which is unnatural to me, since OpenMPT's layout is in my muscle memory. I'll include an image of the FL Studio layout, if you don't know what I'm talking about.

There are two kinds of people in this world; ones who are having a stroke and ones who are speaking Dutch.

Saga Musix

FL's layout is a piano-type layout. You could call OpenMPT's layout a chromatic layout, but that's probably not the only valid name for it. "Linear layout" might also be valid.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

dustboxed727

I had a feeling that's what its called. :)
There are two kinds of people in this world; ones who are having a stroke and ones who are speaking Dutch.