Openmpt and SchismTracker file format issue!

Started by Fatarse, November 09, 2017, 12:52:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatarse

Why do both these trackers have such a problem with playing Mad tracker .MT2 files? 
Schism Tracker loads the file , but refuses to play it ? The error message given is "can't load file, unrecognised file type" yet Mad Tracker plays it flawlessly! As for Openmpt it loads and plays , however it won't load all samples or instruments ? It seems openmpt is looking the samples or instruments which might be missing or are missing.... ??? Any way to over come these issues???

That latest versions of each program still have problems with these issues! Would be nice to have this solved!!!

Otherwise I will continue to just play the tunes that are MT2 file format back in MadTracker!

Cheers Fatarse

Saga Musix

MT2 is fundamentally very different from how OpenMPT (and even more so, SchismTracker, which does not support MT2 files at all as you have figured out) does things internally. It will never be possible to be 100% feature compatible. However, if there is something specific that doesn't play right, you can report it on our issue tracker (but please provide a minimal test case to reproduce the issue with). The chances of it getting fixed are then higher compared to just saying "it doesn't work!". If any external samples or plugins are missing, OpenMPT should tell you so. However, the more common cause for problems is that we cannot currently emulate any of the built-in MadTracker DSPs.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Fatarse

Thats ashame , and I thought each tracker supported MT2 file format! I guess It was all a bogus lie! I guess it would be best to say it's not supported, rather than giving false hope! Oh well I shall continue playing these tunes in Madtracker. I see Madtracker still has value!!!!  As for the vst plugins it shows in openmpt as they can't be found!!!! Even if they are there !!!! Such a pain in the arse!!!! I don't give a flying fairy fart 💨 all care about is having something that works!

I will do more tests with this vst plugins fiasco!!!! As for MT2 I will use Madtracker for that file format!

Later Fatarse