Cant hear anything on pattern but can hear the sound when I press a key

Started by SlamJamicus, April 20, 2017, 21:09:19

Previous topic - Next topic

SlamJamicus

The playback of my pattern (the Aryx tutorial) does not produce any sound. The bar at the top right that goes from green to red also does not move, meaning no sound. When I press a key in one of the cells (or in sample), I can hear the instrument. The bar moves there. Why isn't pattern playback producing sound?

Saga Musix

There could be many things involved. Is the global volume set to 0 at some point? Does the sample that's played in the pattern have a default volume of 0? And is there a sample number next to the note you entered to the pattern, to begin with?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

SlamJamicus

No, global and sample volume are at a default of 64. The sample numbers next to the notes are all C-5, like the tutorial said.

Saga Musix

Then please zip and upload the tune you got so far (you can attach it to a post), since there are tons of other possibilities of what might be muting the track. Speaking of muting - if the channel header (the thing that says "Channel 1" or so) above the note is greyed out, the channel is muted, not producing any sound during regular pattern playback.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

SlamJamicus

Ahhh, the channel was muted! I feel so dumb for not checking that. Thank you so much!