Scandinavian/ Traditional Viking instruments/ samples

Started by Herrwulf, January 04, 2017, 21:45:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Herrwulf

Hey everyone,

I am new here, I've been using modplug for several years now but never joined up.

What brings me here today is I have been trying to find samples of traditional scandinavian type instruments drum/ chymes etc.

I was able to find a nice horn sound through a song someone posted on the archives but that is about it. If anyone can help me out that would be awesome. I'm working on some ambient style tracks right now and the way the Scandinavian instruments adds so much atmosphere, sounds great.

Anyway, let me know if anyone has some goodies lying around :) Thanks

(Good example of what I mean by scandinavian instruments)
https://youtu.be/Cy44ocuoWhE?t=4m46s

herodotas

Just go to Youtube and sample some video, or sample some folk CD.

life is darker than it seems

Herrwulf

Yeah I am working on some of that, however it would have been nice to see a .zip pack with the work done for me  ;D haha

herodotas

You can try freesound.org also. But sampling by self are more creative.

Saga Musix

For acoustic instruments, single samples from random places will most likely not sound good. I do not have specific recommendations for the types of instruments you are after, but "ethnic" (or probably medieval) sample packs or instrument plugins may contain the instruments you're after.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Herrwulf

Great! thanks, I found a couple decent flute sounds via modarchive by searching medieval.

You know any other sites that offer songs/instruments and the like other than modarchive? I've tried torrents but you need a credit card to sign up or some shit, lame. Plus the other ones that don't require CC have 0 samples other than hiphop.

Appreciate all the feedback. 8)

herodotas

Herrwulf

Sweet, thanks.

https://herrwulf.bandcamp.com/track/gungnir

Found some goodies and made a track, ambient Scandinavian sound