Author Topic: .FLAC in OpenMPT  (Read 926 times)

Offline chaoticDreemur

• Shy artist
  • Operating System: Windows 7
.FLAC in OpenMPT
« on: December 22, 2016, 01:46:48 »
Can you open .FLAC in OpenMPT?

This post says that it is/was implemented https://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=4884.0 but I don't see that anywhere within OpenMPT

Offline StarWolf3000

• Active artist
  • Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64
Re: .FLAC in OpenMPT
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 07:02:02 »
FLAC is supported as Export format for Lossless and as a valid format for Samples.

Offline chaoticDreemur

• Shy artist
  • Operating System: Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 07:37:21 »
Okay, thank you. The thing is like I have this file that is to a song which I'm guessing could be the module. However, it's in FLAC and I was maybe questioning whether or not you could change the format

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 13:56:55 »
FLAC and modules are fundamentally different file formats. FLACs can be imported as samples into modules, but not as songs themselves. A FLAC file only contains a stream of audio (a sample), not note data like a module.
Searching the manual for "FLAC" will show you all the places where you can load FLAC samples.

PS: What is so difficult to understand about "No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered"? I am not your personal support assistant. If anything, reading such a PM sent to me makes me delete it instantly.
ยป No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.