Is this an easter egg or something?

Started by Toast, December 04, 2016, 01:06:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Toast

Hey guys!

I was playing around with my OpenMPT, and I noticed something very odd and interesting. In the patterns section, when I want to add in some notes, let's say I had an instrument out. If I press LShift then a note... for whatever reason on this green earth, it'll do a fancy minor seventh chord. For example, if I did LShift + C (note, not the actual key on the computer keyboard), it would do C in Channel 1, E flat in Channel 2, G in Channel 3, and B flat in Channel 4.

Can someone explain why this is a thing? xD

And PLEASE keep it! :) It's a fast way to add one of my favorite chords to my OpenMPT songs (which I think I have 177 of, now)

-Toast

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LovelyA72

This is pretty interesting, I will try it out!
I love OpenMPT and C#...

Saga Musix

Note that editing chords in "relative" mode is broken in OpenMPT 1.26 (and will be fixed in the next release); I guess this just shows how rarely used and tested this feature is.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.