(feature request) easy triplets

Started by phanoo, September 18, 2016, 15:04:18

Previous topic - Next topic

phanoo

I'd like the possibility to easily make triplets for a given selection. It would be approximated triplets, with the SDxx commands. Currently it's quite hard to guess the right SDxx values if you want to create them manually. (or you need to pick a tempo/speed that allows triplets to fit exactly in rows before you started composing)

Example : you select 8 rows with your mouse then you click the triplet button, it'll create 3 notes. These notes would be :
- placeholders (like C-5) with the current instrument if the selection is empty
- if the selection has 3 notes, move them and apply the right SDxx to make a triplet (if there is no effect already there)

BTW it would be cool if it was a N-uplet function, so not only triplets can be created.

It's probably a complex but fun algorithm to make.. :D

I post here since the bug tracker seems require a username/password even for registration.

Saga Musix

You should be redirected to this page if you cannot see which user/password to enter on the issue tracker: https://bugs.openmpt.org/401.html (read it!)
Is this not the case? If so, which browser do you use?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I love this spamprotection. Back in the day when modplug was full of spambots, I implemented this to the forum and killed spam completely. I did the same thing to CTGMusic and there too, spam stopped completely. Still can't wrap my head around the fact that spambots can't bypass it, but its awesome that they can't.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

phanoo

I didnt read the page after the popup asking for an username/password, believing it was another standard error page. Btw it sucks, you shouldnt have to fail a login to see some solution. A simple captcha would be better, and hard to bypass for the bots, especially if it's custom-made

Saga Musix

Quote from: phanoo on September 18, 2016, 23:20:06Btw it sucks, you shouldnt have to fail a login to see some solution.
That's correct, please complain to the Chrome developers since they decided to no longer display the the login prompt that is sent by the server.
QuoteA simple captcha would be better, and hard to bypass for the bots, especially if it's custom-made
Mantis does not provide any hooks on the signup page that we could insert our captcha in, as far as I'm aware, otherwise this would have already been done.

And regarding your request: This sounds like a perfect candidate for scripting - as you say, it's rather complex and there is probably no good way to make all people happy with one implementation.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.