bypass the plugin verify?

Started by LovelyA72, September 13, 2016, 01:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

LovelyA72

every time when i launch my MPT, it will verify my plugin. and i have the plugin like FL Studio VSTi, it will takes a lot of time. how can i bypass that?  (sorry for my Chinese style English ;D)
I love OpenMPT and C#...

Rakib

I can confirm it also happens on of my my computer.
^^

Saga Musix

This should not happen under normal circumstances - OpenMPT should only check if the plugin exists, but not load it. It may have to load the plugin if there are two copies of an identically-named plugin registered in different paths, e.g. if you have a a plugin C:\foo\bar.dll and another plugin C:\bar.dll - this is about the only situation in which plugins should be scanned during startup. So please verify that there is only one copy of the plugin in OpenMPT's plugin list. If you are not sure if there are identically-named plugins in that list, you can also go to Help -> Show Settings Folder, open mptrack.ini and copy the [VST Plugins] section from that file.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jmkz

On particular circumstances I use same filename, e.g. Synth1 VSTi has 32-bit and 64-bit, and for platform portability plugins are placed as ".\Daichi\Synth1 VSTi\x86\Synth1 VSTi.dll" and ".\Daichi\Synth1 VSTi\x64\Synth1 VSTi.dll" when exist for x86 and x64. The majority of songs need to use this path pattern instead its original filename, so can be loaded on OpenMPT 32/64-bit natively when possible.

Saga Musix

In OpenMPT 1.27.00.15 (r7259), the plugin manager should no longer be confused about several plugins sharing the same filename. Note that the plugin cache file had to be restructured for this purpose, so a full rescan of all registered plugins will happen on first start.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

LovelyA72

Quote from: Saga Musix on November 21, 2016, 23:53:26
So did anyone try this using the latest buildbot versions?
yes. but it's still love to scan my computer... haha...
maybe it will work on my OS X...
I love OpenMPT and C#...

Saga Musix

That's strange. Can you please go to Help -> Show Settings Folder in OpenMPT and then upload the mptrack.ini and plugin.cache files from that directory here (put them in a zip file)? Also, please paste the location of these files (the folder path in Explorer) here.

LovelyA72

Quote from: Saga Musix on November 25, 2016, 13:15:41
That's strange. Can you please go to Help -> Show Settings Folder in OpenMPT and then upload the mptrack.ini and plugin.cache files from that directory here (put them in a zip file)? Also, please paste the location of these files (the folder path in Explorer) here.
plugin location:
32bit: D:/VSTplugin
64bit: D:/VSTplugin/Program Files
software: D:/OpenMPTh
I love OpenMPT and C#...

Saga Musix

Please also provide the plugin.cache file that should be found next to mptrack.ini.
D:\OpenMPT is just the path where the OpenMPT executable is located I guess, but the INI file suggests that it is not run in portable mode, so the mptrack.ini location should not be D:\OpenMPT but more something like C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\OpenMPT. Can you give the full path for that?

EDIT: The mptrack.ini file suggests that you were using OpenMPT 1.26.03.00, which is neither the latest stable version, nor is it the test version I asked you to test. In case you did use the latest test version, then it's the wrong mptrack.ini for some reason.

Saga Musix

I had the idea that the extended plugin verification time can also be caused by antivirus software.
To verify that, please check:
1) If you run OpenMPT a second time instantly after closing it, does it still take as long to scan the plugins, or is it quicker?
2) If that is not the case (or alternatively, after a reboot), check if disabling your antivirus speeds up the scan process.

LovelyA72

Quote from: Saga Musix on December 01, 2016, 18:36:11
I had the idea that the extended plugin verification time can also be caused by antivirus software.
To verify that, please check:
1) If you run OpenMPT a second time instantly after closing it, does it still take as long to scan the plugins, or is it quicker?
2) If that is not the case (or alternatively, after a reboot), check if disabling your antivirus speeds up the scan process.
Sorry to you for waiting a long time for my reply.
I tried it on my new computer (Windows10 Simplified Chinese 64bit) and the time has shorten to about 3 sec!
Thanks for your help!
I love OpenMPT and C#...

Saga Musix

Sounds to me like antivirus might indeed have been involved then. If Rakib and jmkz could give some input on that as well, that would be even more reassuring.

Rakib

Which version to test?
Im using version: 1.26.07.00 32 bit
Source Code:  clean
^^

Saga Musix

For the case you have plugins sharing the same filename: r7259 or later from buildbot.
For the general checks to test if antivirus affects the loading time (as explained above): Current stable is okay.