[Trance] Virtual Void (mod/ogg)

Started by Saga Musix, August 23, 2016, 20:36:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Here's my entry for the ProTracker compo at Evoke 2016, where it ranked 2nd. For once, I don't need gazillions of channels and big samples, 4 channels had to be enough this time. :P
Originally, the tune was composed in IT format (but with MOD limitations in mind), with some extra channels for the chords, and only in the last stage the chords were baked into separate samples.

Download
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Brozilla

In your other trance song (Sunrise Express) I was talking about it being constrained and want to say this one is more "opposite-looking" if you know what I'm trying to say, takes a more progressive approach. Enjoyable listening to say the least, I also like the name.

Curious though, how do you go about baking samples? Particularly chords, I would use Audacity but think that's a roundabout method going about it.
44.1 vs. 48khz sampling rate

Saga Musix

QuoteCurious though, how do you go about baking samples? Particularly chords, I would use Audacity but think that's a roundabout method going about it.
File -> Export as lossless -> To sample slot. That's all. ;) That's how the chords and highpassed kicks were made. Oh, and of course the new mix-paste feature for merging the kick+clap sample.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.