[Trance] Sunrise Express (mptm/ogg)

Started by Saga Musix, August 23, 2016, 20:42:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Apparently I forgot to post my tracks from Revision 2016 way back in April... whoops!

This is a somewhat peaceful trance track with a nice shakuhachi melody and lush pads. Didn't rank high in the compo, but whatever.

Download
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Brozilla

"peaceful trance" might possibly be why. Personally I liked the Shakuhachi a lot but the overall song felt pretty constrained, at least compared a lot of your other works I've listened to. I'm bad with genres and this "constraint" might just be a trance thing but the song peaked pretty early and didn't do much out of the blue per-se. I think it's good, at least conceptually but very safe at the same time.

A lot of the links for the plugins are broken too unless those were just used while you were making the song (and not for the final product) xD
44.1 vs. 48khz sampling rate

Saga Musix

Quote from: Enumeratingw7 on August 23, 2016, 22:04:58"peaceful trance" might possibly be why. Personally I liked the Shakuhachi a lot but the overall song felt pretty constrained, at least compared a lot of your other works I've listened to.
Given that I wrote this in less than 7 hours, there was a lot of copypasta involved. I would have liked to extend the track a bit after Revision, but didn't find the motivation to do so.
Quote from: Enumeratingw7 on August 23, 2016, 22:04:58
A lot of the links for the plugins are broken too unless those were just used while you were making the song (and not for the final product) xD
I'm not sure what you mean, the links on my website all seem to be working, as they are essentially all self-hosted? Apart from the Korg plugin of course, since that's a commercial one..
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Brozilla

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 23, 2016, 22:40:53
I'm not sure what you mean, the links on my website all seem to be working, as they are essentially all self-hosted? Apart from the Korg plugin of course, since that's a commercial one..

On your website (doy.) I opened the program (OpenMPT) and preceded to find the plugins from their. On your website they're working so that was user error on my part lol.
44.1 vs. 48khz sampling rate

Saga Musix

QuoteI opened the program (OpenMPT) and preceded to find the plugins from their
Yeah, some of the plugins are no longer available from their original creators so the links on KvR are often dead.