windows 10 anniversary update breaks GUI on vst's

Started by Rakib, August 23, 2016, 09:19:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

When using 32bit OpenMPT I cant change parameters on 64 bits vsts and opposite.
I will file a bug report but this is meant for discussion.

^^

Saga Musix

Possibly related to https://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=5673.0 although that was on Windows 8.1. I'll try to update my VM and see if I can reproduce it there. (See you in 10 years, which is the approximate time the update will take in this VM...)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Looks like the same bug, but I cant say its because of win10 anniversary build. But it happened same time after I update OpenMPT to 1.26.04 from 1.26.0 and anniversary build. I cant say for a fact if its the reason.
Its a bug for almost all plugins and almost all the knobs in some plugins.

^^

Saga Musix

I probably won't get to verify this very soon, so one thing you could also check is if jBridge exposes the same problem on your system. If it's really due to the anniversary update, then other applications may be affected as well.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I didn't get to verify the problem yet but I had a random idea that might help.
For trying out my idea, obtain a current test build (1.27.00.06) from https://buildbot.openmpt.org/builds/ (so that you have the latest plugin bridge version) and then overwrite mptrack.exe with this copy: http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack.exe (32 bit) - do mouse actions work as intended now?

Rakib

Updated to the latest build and downloaded http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack.exe and mptrack.exe didn't help. But it worked when I deleted the mptrack.ini, so there is some settings there that has caused some trouble with vst's.

But I have yet to identify what part of the file that made this happen. Its probably not because of windows 10 update but something else.
^^

Saga Musix

That's very weird, because there shouldn't be any INI setting that would affect the plugin bridge...

Saga Musix

"Good" news, I can reproduce the issue in my VM with the plugin from your screenshot. I know why it happens - but fixing it in a way that won't sacrifice an existing feature (namely clicking on the bridged GUI bringing the plugin window to the front) may be difficult.
EDIT: Carefully juggling a few flags brought me to a result which should hopefully fix these plugins and also retain the old "bring to front" behaviour.

Saga Musix

Please grab r6970 or later from buildbot (as soon as it's up) to check if the problem is gone.

Rakib

I have downloaded r6972 and can confirm it works now. Thanks for fast fix.
^^

Saga Musix

Good to hear. By the way, the Sanford plugins are available both as 32-bit and 64-bit versions, so you can avoid using the plugin bridge altogether.

Rakib

It was just an example, it happened suddenly to all my plugins.
^^

Saga Musix