[Indian Blues Fusion] mp3, streaming

Started by uncloned, August 08, 2016, 12:04:22

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

http://chrisvaisvil.com/indian-blues-fusion-in-17-edo/

Indian Blues Fusion in 17 edo uses my electric DIY tanpura guitar tuned to 17 edo, electric 17 edo guitar and Indian percussion.

A close up of the buzzing bridge

uncloned

And another piece featuring close to the same instrumentation "Shanidar Cave" - The Flower Burial

http://chrisvaisvil.com/shanidar-cave-17-edo/

Shanidar Cave is a piece in 17 edo that features an electric 17 edo guitar and what is essentially an electric tanpura which ends up making this a sort of fusion of middle eastern and Indian music in a sense. The tanpura is the result of a the installation of a "sitar" buzzing bridge that was to make a spare strat copy into an electric sitar. It turned out to be so difficult to adjust the intonation I gave up and let it lay fallow for a couple years until I hit upon the tanpura idea recently – an instrument without frets and therefore without a need for intonation adjustment. The bridge was sold by eyb guitars for 125 euros. A photo of the bridge is above.

monsterovich

Quotemp3

Ogg or flac, pls.

uncloned

monsterovich

Because music of any such genre sounds much better in ogg or flac.

uncloned

Thank you for the explanation of your request.

Well, back when SamZen was around there was a point where everyone started to make requests for me to post different formats - some wanted ogg, some flac, some wanted streaming, some wanted 320 mp3, some wanted 128 mp3. I tried to accommodate these requests and I found myself spending a lot of time making the different formats and properly labeling them. So, I regretfully had to make a decision that I would release in one format as a download and as streaming. Frankly I do not hear a difference between mp3 and ogg - but there is a difference in that every piece of hardware I own, including my car, can play mp3. This isn't true for ogg or flac. So I apologize for not meeting your request. I hope you can understand why. If it means you won't listen to my music then I will have to live with that.

Respectfully,

Chris