Printing in OpenMPT...

Started by (>o_o)>, May 15, 2006, 00:39:01

Previous topic - Next topic

(>o_o)>

Is there a way to print out a score sheet from OpenMPT, so that the notes can be read in a logical fashion for playback on a keyboard/piano/etc ?
Welcome to the internet. The internet is a game. The object is to piss off as many people as possible. Only those who kiss ass and become moderators win. Enjoy your stay.

MisterX

I suppose that you could save your track as MIDI and then import it into Cubase or a similar program that has a Score editor, but I am sure that a lot of tweaking would have to take place to have a workable score.
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

Snu

i havnt found a program that does it well... if you are just converting melodies misterx's solution should work, but for the complex piano songs i write, i have to rewrite them in finale after i track them.

LPChip

You can select all (alt-l, alt-l) copy (ctrl-c) and paste into notepad, and print? :)

It will be easier for you to read, as its more logical than a score. But if you want score, then something as mentioned above should be used.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

DavidN

I was just thinking about how abstract musical score was the other day - most of the notation makes no sense even though it's the most familiar one we have. I can't imagine playing the piano to MPT-style track roll, though...

LPChip

Quote from: "Wong"I was just thinking about how abstract musical score was the other day - most of the notation makes no sense even though it's the most familiar one we have. I can't imagine playing the piano to MPT-style track roll, though...

That depends on what you wanna play. A complete pattern doesn't just have the piano on them, but also the other instruments, and not to forget, the effects and twists that control your piano (like note delay, etc)

Like score music, it will be hard at first, but since you can read the pattern already, its easier to do it this way, than to read a score.

The only thing that is required imho, is to highlight every 4th and 16th row when printing, otherwise its too hard to time i guess...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

DavidN

That's something that's always annoyed me about tablature - most writers of it don't seem to feel the need to include any concept of time at all, making it rather difficult to read.

(>o_o)>

Notepad, ah yes! Why didn't I think of that?

Of course, chromatic notation is badly outdated, it just kind of stuck around for a few hundred years.
Welcome to the internet. The internet is a game. The object is to piss off as many people as possible. Only those who kiss ass and become moderators win. Enjoy your stay.