Paste or import patter content from external source (plain text CSV formatted)

Started by gustinmi, June 16, 2016, 13:19:46

Previous topic - Next topic

gustinmi

Hi. I would like to know, if there is a program or utility, that would allow to create patterns (or convert to mpmt format) from raw text.
For example, i would have in plain text following

|G#521...SC2
|G#521...SC1
|G#620......

Is there a way to import this into tracker or convert to format tracker can understand?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Saga Musix

Yes, you are merely missing the format identifier:
ModPlug Tracker MPT
|F#512v01A01|F#512v01A01
|G-523p02B02|G-523p02B02

This way you can directly paste it into OpenMPT. Without the first line, OpenMPT cannot know that the clipboard content is pattern data (and most importantly, if the command letters are supposed to be interpreted as MOD-style or S3M-style commands).

Alternatively, you can just write binary files yourself following the IT format specifications (MPTM is a superset of IT).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

StarWolf3000

The identifiers for line 1 (for text-based generation) are as follows:

ProTracker (.mod):
ModPlug Tracker MOD

ScreamTracker 3 (.s3m):
ModPlug Tracker S3M

FastTracker 2 (.xm):
ModPlug Tracker  XM
(yes, with two spaces after "Tracker")

Impulse Tracker (.it):
ModPlug Tracker  IT
(yes, with two spaces after "Tracker")

OpenMPT (.mptm) (IT extended):
ModPlug Tracker MPT

Saga Musix

To be precise, the extra spaces are only needed for interoperability with older OpenMPT versions, if you just want to support the latest, you can leave out the second space for XM/IT.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

StarWolf3000

Quote from: Saga Musix on June 17, 2016, 11:25:29
To be precise, the extra spaces are only needed for interoperability with older OpenMPT versions, if you just want to support the latest, you can leave out the second space for XM/IT.
Ah, okay. I used long time the old Modplug Tracker, and there was the extra space required, so I assumed that this didn't change with OpenMPT.