Linux and Midi

Started by pixelblip, June 11, 2016, 13:29:39

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelblip

Hello!
I've started using Open MPT today. It's very well thought out.

I'm using Linux and Ubuntu ...sorry! It runs fine in Wine......the only problem is when I attach my Korg Midi keyboard ( Microkey) and start playing notes into it it starts the transport controls. No matter if I switch that off in the midi options. So I can't really enter notes with it unless I use the QWERTY keyboard to go down a line in step time fashion.

Does anyone else use Linux and Open MPT?
Thanks for your advice.
PS I do not have jack switched on....just using it without.

Saga Musix

Just to be absolutely sure, you have both "Continue song as soon as MIDI notes are being received" and "Respond to Play /... messages" disabled?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

pixelblip

Thanks for trying to help.

Yes I do have that command disabled.

I've also plugged in another keyboard to check this ( Akai synthstation) and it's doing the same thing.

I plugged it straight into the USB socket just to check that as well.

If someone could take a look at this I would be so grateful. Thank you.

manx

Quote from: pixelblip on June 11, 2016, 13:29:39
the only problem is when I attach my Korg Midi keyboard ( Microkey) and start playing notes into it it starts the transport controls. No matter if I switch that off in the midi options.
That should not happen. It does behave as expected for me in Wine.

manx

Quote from: pixelblip on June 11, 2016, 13:29:39
I'm using Linux and Ubuntu ...sorry! It runs fine in Wine......the only problem is when I attach my Korg Midi keyboard ( Microkey) and start playing notes into it it starts the transport controls. No matter if I switch that off in the midi options.
PS I do not have jack switched on....just using it without.
Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing here: Are you saying that entering MIDI notes starts playback in OpenMPT or are you saying entering MIDI notes starts your system-wide JACK transport?
In the latter case, this has absolutely nothing to do with OpenMPT.

pixelblip

Oh dear my apologies. User error! You are correct it doesn't advance when that command is unticked. I had 'Step' set to 0 and it wasn't advancing down.
Sorry......to waste time. I was trying lots of things.

It's great it works in Linux. Thank you!

manx

Quote from: pixelblip on June 11, 2016, 14:03:10
It's great it works in Linux. Thank you!
As it should ;) Wine is a supported platform for OpenMPT. Feel free to report any problem you encounter.