65,535 Bytes

Started by Wodd, May 14, 2016, 12:45:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Wodd

It was mentioned by Saga Musix that "The compressed pattern data may not exceed 65535 bytes. This is exactly why the warning is shown." However, creating a blank pattern containing 1,024 rows in a 106 channel module is 636 kibibytes (or kilobytes, either way is much larger than 65,535 bytes) in size. That, however, does not display the loss of data warning or cause data loss. Readdressing the bug with rows should be considered. Alternatively, if pattern data is intended to be limited to 65,535 bytes, then the number of allowed channels and / or rows should be reduced. Perhaps the size shown in the Pattern Properties dialog is incorrect.
I love Daisy (デイジー)!

Saga Musix

The compressed pattern data may not exceed 65535 bytes.
The pattern properties dialog shows the size in memory, not the compressed size on disk. No, there is nothing that can be changed about this, please stop asking.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Wodd

Thank you for the reply. That does clarity it. I am sorry to have angered you.
I love Daisy (デイジー)!

phanoo

I think we would need to develop a modern tracker that would have better specs. While i'm nearly fully satisfied with OpenMPT even for professional use, it lacks some things like velocity switched samples, more than 1 effect per note...
I've already made a complete tracker in C which uses FM synthesis, so I probably have the skill for that, but time and motivation are another problem  ;D

Saga Musix

We don't need a new tracker for that, OpenMPT can be extended to support more complex features, but that requires a new module format.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.