OpenMPT 1.26 releases

Started by Saga Musix, April 27, 2016, 00:31:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

I looked in the file and found GetSoundFile() referenced twice. Because I was unsure of which inline to remove (if it mattered), I removed both of them. The code compiled error-free. Thank you, Saga Musix. It is nice to have the code working again! The computer I used before is in sad shape, but I wanted to get the latest code revision, so I read your manual and downloaded the required software. Thank you for the manual. It proved greatly helpful in getting me started!

Saga Musix

More relevant changes since the previous update post:
[Fix] It was possible to insert more patterns than allowed by the current format since r5564.
[Fix] IT compatibility: Do not apply offset offset to a note mapped to an invalid sample in instrument mode.
[Fix] MT2: Plugin parameters were not restored properly.
[Fix] MOD: ProTracker does not sanitize the sample loop length, which can lead to detuned chip samples if the loop length is longer than the actual sample (fixes MOD.shorttune2)
[Fix] Use UuidCreate instead of UuidCreateSequential on Win32old builds to increase compatibility with some pre-Win2000.
[Fix] ST3 compatibility: Do not distinguish between vibrato types in S3M effect memory, so that e.g. U1F followed by H00 causes the second effect to play a H1F vibrato. Effectively, this also means that Kxx will never play a fine vibrato.
[Imp] Stream Export: Switch libmp3lame non-compatible MP3 export from CBR to ABR mode.
[Mod] By default, use compressed samples in MPTM files.
[Mod] Re-introduce slides at speed 1 behaviour for old OpenMPT-made modules.

There are still some things to be ironed out in the improved Find/Replace dialog, so the release will most likely happen in the next 1-2 weeks.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

monsterovich

Quote from: Saga Musix on May 10, 2016, 00:39:02
[Mod] By default, use compressed samples in MPTM files.

What does this mean?

Saga Musix

The default value of Misc.ITCompressionMono / Misc.ITCompressionStereo is now 4 rather than 0, i.e. IT-compressed samples are always used unless you explicitely set a different value.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

More relevant changes (up to r6372):
- More MT2 bugfixes
-  Some plugins crashed  when trying to display information about PC events in status bar or note properties if the event's parameter number exceeded the number of parameters the plugin actually offered.
- Support for SoundFX / MultiMedia Sound modules
- Changed around default MOD playback compatibility settings a bit
- To make the Data Entry shortcuts in the pattern editor more useful, they is now only applied to the first column type of selection, even if it spans several channels (e.g. if the selection starts in the volume column, only volume will be changed).
- Bugfix: When loading a module file from a container (e.g. ZIP), also prompt for a new file name when saving instead of overwriting the container file.
- IT compatible playback fixes
- Parameter Extension (#xx) now also works with Position Jump in MPTM format.

The last remaining known issues have been ironed out, so unless any new problems are encountered, the final release will happen this weekend. Happy bug hunting. ;)

Saga Musix

.^o

one more time thx to you saga and manx.

manx

IMPORTANT note for WINE users:
OpenMPT 1.26.01.00 contains a very stupid bug that causes the detection of whether OpenMPT is currently running on Wine to fail sometimes.
When the detection fails, OpenMPT thinks it is running on native Windows and does not apply any work-arounds for problems specific to Wine. OpenMPT will not run properly as intended in this situation.
Additionally, as Wine by default claims to be Windows XP, OpenMPT may display a message teling you that this version requires Windwos 7 to run, and may suggest downgrading the OpenMPT build version to a "Win32old" build. Please ignore these particular warnings/suggestions. It is neither required nor recommended to run Win32old builds if you are running on Wine in almost all situations.
Note that the detection may fail varyingly from one OpenMPT run to the next (it may fail always, sometimes or never). Whether OpenMPT detected Wine in a particular run can be seen in "Help -> About OpenMPT -> OpenMPT" at the line mentioning "Operating System:" it should say something with "Wine".
Until OpenMPT 1.26.02 gets released, please update your mptrack.exe, PluginBridge32.exe and PluginBridge64.exe with the ones from either https://buildbot.openmpt.org/builds/auto/openmpt-win32/openmpt-win32-1.26.01.01-r6408.7z (32bit) or https://buildbot.openmpt.org/builds/auto/openmpt-win64/openmpt-win64-1.26.01.01-r6408.7z (64bit) if your are running OpenMPT on Wine.
We are sorry for the trouble and confusion caused by this bug on Wine. OpenMPT 1.26.02 will hopefully be released very soon.

Saga Musix

monsterovich

Still waiting for a version with direct ALSA support.

Saga Musix

OpenMPT 1.26.03.00 has been released, which mostly brings bugfixes but also a few improvements and other new features.

Saga Musix

OpenMPT 1.26.04.00 has been released, which brings some interesting new features such as recording of MIDI Pitch Wheel messages as MIDI macros, mix paste and insert paste in the sample editor and the usual mix of bugfixes. This will most likely be the last 1.26 update, and we plan to continue with the work on OpenMPT 1.27, which will hopefully bring several technical advancements (not all directly visible to the user, though).

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

And as always, it's not just me but also manx who made this possible.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs