independent language file

Started by LovelyA72, January 27, 2017, 04:39:18

Previous topic - Next topic

LovelyA72

Hi! it's me again. one of my friend is asking me a chinese version of openmpt because his english is not that good and cannot understand some words in openmpt. i am asking to independent the language file is because it can make non-english speaker change openmpt to their own language easier(such as my friend :p ).
Thanks and happy chinese newyear! Xin Nian Kuai Le!
I love OpenMPT and C#...

Saga Musix

As your friend noticed, it's Not That Simple (TM) and while it is one of the oldest feature requests, it is also one of the least-asked-for, so there is no priority for us to implement it. However,  the long-term development plans for OpenMPT include porting the user interface from MFC to Qt, and Qt has excellent built-in translation facilities which would make translations much easier. With the current MFC code base, it is not viable for us developers to work on this feature.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LovelyA72

does it means we can have native Mac version of MPT by using Qt ?
I love OpenMPT and C#...

Saga Musix

Native Mac and Linux versions are in the realm of possibility after porting to Qt, yes. But please keep in mind that these are (very) long-term plans, and even once the Qt port is done, it is not guaranteed that we can offer pre-compiled Mac versions since none of the OpenMPT developers own Apple hardware. It's possible that these versions would have to be compiled by the user.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.