Author Topic: (MODULE SITES FROM THE (90s)  (Read 4309 times)

Offline Inkwisitor

• Active artist
(MODULE SITES FROM THE (90s)
« on: February 11, 2016, 16:40:53 »
can anyone remember or please give me a list of module sites which where hosted around 97-01? time please

Mp3s,XMs,ITs,U name it

(please email me too if ya like to talk about some old tracker stuff)

cheers

Offline Rakib

• Crazy artist
  • Operating System: win7x64
Re: (MODULE SITES FROM THE (90s)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 19:31:55 »
traxinspace.com?
^^

Offline herodotas

• Inspired artist
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 21:33:49 »
In previous your topics, you get bunch of various links to old tracker modules. I have question for you: you are kid or troll?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 21:57:57 by herodotas »

Offline Fatarse

• Inspired artist
  • Operating System: windows

Offline Inkwisitor

• Active artist
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 19:29:45 »
In previous your topics, you get bunch of various links to old tracker modules. I have question for you: you are kid or troll?

those sites i know of already (modarchive) pretty crap archiev if you ask me, traxinspace. was a good site but seeing as its not got what i want on there anymore (everything been deleted or the ftp to the 2001 material is not accessible.

i am 19 years old so i am young yes (i got into trackers around 3 years ago (if i didnt need help i wouldnt of made an forum post about this criteria, (ive searched the whole net like literally most tracker sites and what not (still not much found) its eithereon peoples computers or they're to lazy to help someone out either one. i get tired of asking for help really. ive had some people help me and im greatful for it but theres just some total time wasters that dont help or theyve done it so many times they cant be bothered with it anymore. but when u get a fresh piece of meat like me wanting to explore the depths of how far the 90s go, then you should help this young fella out because im sure when u was younger u and probably alot of other people were on forum sites helping any old person out

dont see why this day and age i cant get any of it or, little help

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 19:55:12 »
those sites i know of already (modarchive) pretty crap archiev if you ask me
Cool, thanks for the constructive criticism on the site I run. Would you also want to give me some feedback on what could be improved to make it less crap?

everything been deleted or the ftp to the 2001 material is not accessible.
The old traxinspace died the painful death of hard disk crashes with no backups.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline Inkwisitor

• Active artist
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 20:21:30 »
Oh damn, do you own modarchive.org?

Sorry i really don't mean to sound rude i don't and im far from it too.

i just get fed up of seeing the same thing over and over, (like nothing new It's all there just hidden)

with mod archive its fine just i suppose alot of people dont label there works so its hard enough finding a good decent drum&bass track

http://www100.zippyshare.com/v/l4eVg2VW/file.html (check this, this is xm format 1998-1999 dnb, professionally made stuff.

thats sort of what im looking for really, well made stuff (if you remember twisted MC from traxinspace, or any other odd hosting site, he made and his kru made some wicked material aswell.

i wouldn't know what to suggest for modarchive tbh its got it all their like genres and such, but it dont hold much drum n bass nor does it hold much well made stuff, back in 98-01 u could go on sites and download stuff that was well made propely labeled and what not, now its jsut lacking something im not sure im only young i dont know what to give as advice, im sure you pretty much know more than me ha.

(but seriously there should be like a LINK page even with dead links u can still access them on the web, like

Drumn bass links---

House links etc

more info about the scene days or what not i know its probably going to be hard 2 even remember a website which washosted yonks ago.

i dunno im hejre really to explore and go further than what expected also theres alot more 90s than there is to days music.

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 23:14:36 »
i just get fed up of seeing the same thing over and over, (like nothing new It's all there just hidden)
This wasn't any different in the 90s though - I'd even say that it was most likely a lot worse.
And just in case you didn't know, ModArchive is older than you, so it technically is one of those old module sites from the 90s - except that back then, there was not even a possibility to search by genre. All you could do is search for file names.
ModArchive has also incorporated a few other module sites that died in the past, such as Altered Perception, these archives' contents are now part of our big collection.

At this size and this little community, it's next to impossible to properly tag all modules so that it would be easy to search for all DnB related stuff for example.

back in 98-01 u could go on sites and download stuff that was well made propely labeled and what not
Now that would be completely news to me (see above). There may have been genre-specific netlabels, yes, but those were small, so you wouldn't find a lot of music there.

Maybe it's just time to listen through each and every module despite of its genre and just pick out the stuff you like. I'm sure there will be a lot of great stuff that isn't DnB that you will enjoy.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline Fatarse

• Inspired artist
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 06:32:06 »
Yes it's true 99% of mod files were never catalogued. But I did buy many CDs that did have some lists that were huge like the walnut creek series and even pc formats own cd releases which I have copies of. Then I came across websites with large collections too like hornet , aminet etc...even BBS sites had a lot of mods too... And so every night I would log on to my very simple 1200 modem using xterminal software emulators to download my mods, demos and games. Those days of ancient internet were the best days. Not like today with every man and his dog on it...dribbling on how wonderful they are. Back then it was pure computing and very little bullshit! And the cost of the Internet was cheap as fish and chips! But now the fish is worth millions and the chips have too much salt!

Gotta love Counterpoint's self titled tune and Zapper's Happy fish , these guys tunes were some of my favourites. 8)

Offline Inkwisitor

• Active artist
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 17:12:41 »
This wasn't any different in the 90s though - I'd even say that it was most likely a lot worse.
And just in case you didn't know, ModArchive is older than you, so it technically is one of those old module sites from the 90s - except that back then, there was not even a possibility to search by genre. All you could do is search for file names.
ModArchive has also incorporated a few other module sites that died in the past, such as Altered Perception, these archives' contents are now part of our big collection.

At this size and this little community, it's next to impossible to properly tag all modules so that it would be easy to search for all DnB related stuff for example.

back in 98-01 u could go on sites and download stuff that was well made propely labeled and what not
Now that would be completely news to me (see above). There may have been genre-specific netlabels, yes, but those were small, so you wouldn't find a lot of music there.

Maybe it's just time to listen through each and every module despite of its genre and just pick out the stuff you like. I'm sure there will be a lot of great stuff that isn't DnB that you will enjoy.

actually there is alot of differences from what i see through web,archive, the 90s had it goin now its just slacking ha

i suppose in my perspective i want the 90s so the 90s back then was easier to access becasue it was all just 90s if that makes sense, haha im just chasing after things that are long gone but still there somewhere... im nto going to go through loasd of mods fudge that my brain would dribble out my ears from all the crap that has been made and to me if its crap usually the person who made it wouldnt bother givign it a genere or a comment or detail would just upload it n like no one would know a thing about it (unless u download listen to hundreds of un detailed mods, f that lol. back in the 90s like mp3.com u cud go on a sub genere, jump up techstep jungle drum and bass

anyway i cba typing i get in to to many debates about the 90s i criticise todays music to much haha

blaaaaaaaaah

Offline Fatarse

• Inspired artist
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 09:26:41 »
Not true , so many mod tunes created were great tunes.... They really had no time for tagging etc... We were too busy making music.

Offline herodotas

• Inspired artist
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 00:18:13 »
I have bad foresight for this person.

Offline Inkwisitor

• Active artist
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 09:13:14 »
Lol

Offline arseniiv

• Active artist
  • Operating System: Windows 7 x64 SP1
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 22:06:52 »
Good stuff is gone? Then why not to make some for yourself? It’s not that hard today. Usually the cause is laziness/reluctance and nothing more (I can tell as a lazy person myself ;D). Experience isn’t falling on one from the sky, everyone can do much everything if they have some time, examples, and all.
Feel free to correct my English grammar
Music & sounds: [Freesound] [SoundCloud] [Direct links to music on friend’s site]

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 22:23:53 »
Besides, most of the stuff really isn't lost - we're just floating in a wealth of modules these days, so finding the "good stuff" (whatever that may be for everyone) is harder.