Main Menu

Midi...

Started by (>o_o)>, May 11, 2006, 02:14:56

Previous topic - Next topic

(>o_o)>

I know this probably belongs on an offtopic forum or something, but lately I've been experimenting with both Midi and MOD. What is a good midi program? All the midi programs I've tried sucked pretty bad, at least on my system. FruityLoops won't give me any sound output, and MidGet crashes every time. I also tried MidiMaestro and Noteworthy Composer and wasn't satisfied with either of those. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the internet. The internet is a game. The object is to piss off as many people as possible. Only those who kiss ass and become moderators win. Enjoy your stay.

Squirrel Havoc

I use Anvil Studio (anvilstudio.com I think), its free, although there are plugins you can buy, you dont really need them. I dont know how good it is compared to other programs, because I never used any, this one always does what I want.
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

Whenever I do midi, I use cakewalk home studio. Its not for free though. Others have suggested cubase but that one isn't free either :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

fisk0

Quote from: "LPChip"Whenever I do midi, I use cakewalk home studio. Its not for free though. Others have suggested cubase but that one isn't free either :P

Yes, I love Cakewalk.

When I'm not tracking I use CakeWalk Pro Audio 8.
It's from 1997 or something and I got it cheap.
Even though it is an old program it is the best midi sequencing program I've tried so far.
It handles my USB Midi keyboard perfectly and supposedly even supports VST:s if you buy an direct X-plugin for it. Haven't tried that though.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "(>o_o)>"FruityLoops won't give me any sound output
You should probably check your settings then.