[no idea] Watch It Burn Dance Remix (Youtube)

Started by Lo Bellver, November 16, 2015, 06:44:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Lo Bellver

Lo Bellver

Feel free to criticize my songs. If you think they're of bad quality, please, tell me so. I just want some feedback, that's all. People rarely want to listen to my songs when I try to make them listen some, and most of views in my channel are just me (when I try to show people my songs), so I get very little close to no feedback. I would appreciate your opinion, since you are people who understand in music, and use the same program I use.

The little feedback I use to get is negative, but that's better than positive feedback (positive doesn't help you improve things).

ida

I don't really know what feedback i should give. Your songs aren't bad at all, maybe they have a bit too much of that tracker-ish vibe in them which i personally like but may be a bit tough to get into. I don't want to promote my own music here but if you'll listen to it, you can hear that it's much more layered, effected, and mixed than most normal tracker music. I'd suggest trying to experiment with VST's to give your songs some more depth. But other than that i generally like what i've heard from you.

Saga Musix

Same here, I usually don't post on the music download forum unless I really have something to say about a specific song. But I'll try anyway:
The samples are very oldskool indeed. If you are stuck with few and old samples, you may want to get a couple of free VST instruments and either use them directly, or if you prefer working with samples, render a couple of notes from those plugins into samples. And watch the sample sites topic for even more sources, and check out the "Web Resources" menu entry in OpenMPT's Help menu.

Apart from the samples, the tune is not top-notch but also not particularly bad. It could definitely sound so much better with better samples, though. The section starting at ~0:50 seems rather random and a bit disconnected from the rest (melody-wise at least). Apart from that, well, the tune could be greatly shortened because you seem to repeat the same patterns over and over again. If there's nothing new to add, then don't prolong the tune unnecessarily, as that will just bore the listener. There's nothing wrong with 2-minute long tracks if that timeframe is enough to convey an idea.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Lo Bellver

Thanks for your replies, they're exactly the kind of feedback I was seeking  ;D ;D ;D