Solo mutliple channels and midi-learn in midi mapping dialog

Started by FWL, October 31, 2015, 14:34:42

Previous topic - Next topic

FWL

Hello everyone,

I have two questions about the way Openmpt works. First when i dragselect a few channels in the pattern editor and press Ctrl-F10, Openmpt only solos the first/lowest numbered channel. But when you press F10 to mute channels, all channels get muted. So there's a difference in behavior for solo and mute with multiple selected channels. I wondered if this is by design or if it's  a 'bug' and do others experience the same behavior. For me it would be handy if you could solo selected channels by dragging and pressing Ctrl-F10.

Secondly, when i move a parameters in the plugin window while pressing Shift the midi mapping view pops up. But opened this way the midi-learn option in the midi mapping dialog doesn't seem to work. When I open the midi-mapping view bij pressing Ctrl-F3 it does work. So here's  also is a difference in behavior. I don't know if it has to do with my setup or not.

I have Windows 7 64 bit and it happens in openmpt 32 and also openmpt 64

Thank you in advance for your help!

FWL

Saga Musix

The MIDI Mapping behaviour is indeed a bug.
However, only one channel can ever be solo-ed since that's pretty much the definition of solo. The behaviour might be revised in the future though to be a bit more predictable..

EDIT: The MIDI Mapping problem has been fixed (not in time for OpenMPT 1.25.03.00 though).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FWL

Good evening Saga,

Thanks again for the quick response and fix for the midi mapping/midi learn! About solo it's fine the way it works now and i understand that by definition solo is limited to one channel. But it could be a quick way to solo multiple channels (just like record select multiple channels with Ctrl-1 or 2) for example to solo a subset of channels with drums. Maybe i can enter it as a featurerequest someday!

FWL