[Demostyle/Synth] Internal Mechanics (OpenMPT Examplesong) (mp3/stream)

Started by LPChip, August 17, 2015, 19:23:30

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I've made "Internal Mechanics" for the OpenMPT 1.25.01.00 Example Compo. If you haven't updated yet or you want to stream the song or perhaps even comment on the song, you can do so through here.

If you have actually updated, make sure you read the comments section to get a tour through the song's features. :)

You can download and stream the song through SoundCloud here: https://soundcloud.com/lpchip/internal-meganism
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

pelya

Wow, it has bass and the mastering is good. Nice ambient soundtrack. Snares and strings sound a bit cheap, I guess you can't squeeze more from those samples. Also lacks main theme/catchy melody, as in those C64 remixes ;)

LPChip

Thanks Pelya for listening. :) Can't do much about the cheapness of the sounds, as it was the samplepack given for the songs. I've chosen to keep the main leads as they are because the song gets pretty busy at some points due to all the sounds I used. Maybe I'll use more leads in my next songs with these samples. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs