[No Idea] Interface (.MOD & 320kbps MP3)

Started by ida, August 15, 2015, 20:33:39

Previous topic - Next topic

ida

I decided to make a song to post on here. It's a more tracker-music-ish song. I guess i couldn't really find a fitting genre unless Tracker Music is an actual genre.

I named it after the sample CD's i took the samples from. A long time ago there was a magazine about electronic music creation called Interface that i don't know a single thing of, but my father did, so thanks to him i have a pile full of CD's that came with the magazine and there are some cool samples on there (although also plenty of times where there's just a small bit taken from a full sample pack which is so small that you can't use it for anything). I think it took me about +- 6 hours to make. To be honest, i have no idea why i created it in .MOD format. I usually use .IT. I don't know a lot about the origin of tracker music but i guess .MOD is more of an oldschool format and that's generally the feel that i feel fits this song best.

MOD
MP3

Saga Musix

No, tracker music is not a genre, many oldskool mods that have "that sound" follow typical 80s genres, though. I'd probably classify this track somewhere between pop and 80s rock. The track started off interesting but got repetitive rather quickly. It needs more new ideas to keep interesting over time.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.