Record Output Audio to Wav

Started by roy.rajabally, May 21, 2015, 20:58:31

Previous topic - Next topic

roy.rajabally

QuoteIf you feel that a new feature might require some discussion, you may want to post on the Help and Questions forum first before posting on the issue tracker.

Can we have a button to record all audio that MPT outputs into a .wav file, where I press record and then press stop whenever I want, which, unlike the export .wav function, simply records everything that is going on in real-time exactly as it comes out of the speakers?

Why?

1 . Because I want to use OpenMPT as a virtual instrument.
Some VSTi's have delicate interactions/dynamics/etc that only happen when playing live in the instrument panel, differently from notes that are played automatically inside the pattern. Also, sometimes I just want to "jam" to a song and not program note by note.

2 . I want to be able to record this live performance, restrained to the audio output of OpenMPT, independently from audio coming out from other programs. 
This allows me to jam along a backing track being played elsewhere in a music player, and still have my performance track intact, differently from recording all audio output of my PC which would mix everything altogether.

Thanks in advance!
In space, noone can hear you scream. Why?
a) too many explosions
b) spaceship wooshes
c) orchestral music

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

roy.rajabally

Wowowow I had no idea such a VST existed. I didn't even imagine a VST could do that. All these years...  :'( if only I knew of it before. THANKS.
In space, noone can hear you scream. Why?
a) too many explosions
b) spaceship wooshes
c) orchestral music

herodotas

Also you can use WASAPI and record realtime to Audacity.
life is darker than it seems

Saga Musix

Realtime recording is prone to dropouts and you have no guarantee that the recording will be bit-exact. Using a VST recorder has the advantage that even if your computer may not be able to keep up with realtime processing speed for the split of a second, you will still get a perfect recording.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.