[Orchestral] The Great Strategy 2 (mp3) Hey guys, guess what!?

Started by BaDLiZ, April 20, 2015, 00:20:51

Previous topic - Next topic

BaDLiZ

BadLiZ here!

Did you guys know that makers of Roblox were using my song "The Great Strategy" http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=39717 in their game as a trailer song and people started to call it as "Roblox Theme Song 2006" or something like that(search youtube).

It's been almost 10 years and I had no idea, I was in army back then so I can't remember if they asked a permission for using that song in it.

Should I be angry or happy about it but one thing is for sure, they didn't credit my name in it and people started calling it just "made by Roblox". Anyways guys, I made a remake of that "fantastic" piece, a 2015 version of "The Great Strategy 2", still work-in-progress but you can tell me how it sounds Smiley

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/817678/LANDR-bz_pif1j.mp3

Sincerely,

BadLiZ

Saga Musix

Quote from: BaDLiZ on April 20, 2015, 00:20:51
It's been almost 10 years and I had no idea, I was in army back then so I can't remember if they asked a permission for using that song in it.
If I were you I'd try to find out, since this thing doesn't seem to be exactly free, so they should be very well able to afford a proper license (unless you put the song in the public domain or whatever of course). Especially if they didn't even bother putting your name in it, that sounds fishy.

Nice remake, is it also tracked?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

BaDLiZ

Nowadays I'm using Reason 8.2 + FL Studio for guitar riffs.

Mr.Eagle

Quote from: BaDLiZ on April 21, 2015, 23:29:35
Nowadays I'm using Reason 8.2 + FL Studio for guitar riffs.

Indeed a quite enjoyable remake. But I think this is something that you could create with OMPT (plus some VST(i)-plugins), too.  ;)
sorry for my bad English

BaDLiZ

Oh I've not used MPT for ages so tracking with it isn't so obvious, Reason is my baby right now.