Can't Change VST VOLUME!

Started by pit80, March 27, 2015, 09:52:35

Previous topic - Next topic

pit80

Hello! Hmm.. I'm intereting, is it possible to make? Possible to change volume for a VST Instrument?
(If current instrument won't allow to change any volume) ??
Example: If i have vst instrument.. But this sound too long.. i need to slow fade it on low volume.. Is it possible???

P.s. Not All plugins volume ;) Only one instrument.

thanks.

LPChip

There are a few options here.
1. Using the volume command and retriggering the note (can work in some occassions, depending on the sound, but most likely won't sound good)
2. Use midi macro's and assign it to the dry/wet slider of that particular plugin. This will affect the entire plugin, and thus all sounds played by it at that time. If you then reset the slider, the notes that were quiet are loud again, so you have to keep them silent and stop the notes, then wait for the tail to end before setting it back on. (you may need a 2nd instance of your plugin if you want to continue earlier.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

As LPChip said, you can change the dry/wet ratio of the plugin to attenuate the plugin's overall output - it is not possible to do this per note, as the plugin mixes all notes into a final output. What you are trying to achieve however sounds more like something that should be configurable through the plugin's ADSR envelopes or whatever it uses to control the individual notes' volumes.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

pit80

Sorry, but both ways not work for me :( .. I had trying to do this before.
Dry/Wet Ratio chagne volume ALL plugins.. But i need only one vst instrument.
Vxx not work at tall. (Some plugins won't allow change volume like this). Some plugins really good work with Vxx volume. But some.. Zero effect. :(:(
Not Zxx , not Mxx, not S... Nothing help...

So any ways to fix it? Or some how?

Saga Musix

Dry/Wet ratio is a plugin-specific setting. You can only ever change the dry/wet ratio of a single plugin. You need to assign a Zxx macro to control the dry/wet ratio and then put the Zxx effects on the same channel where the plugin is being triggered.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Or alternatively, assign the plugin directly to an empty channel, and place the Zxx effects in there along with an SFx that corresponds with the macro you use.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

pit80

THANKS A LOT!! finally i get it :) work now :) YOU ARE SUPER AS ALWAYS!