Making my own choir samples with Synth1

Started by FreezeFlame(Alchemy), March 20, 2015, 02:05:01

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Im not that good with synthes, and the guides for making an choir voice with an synth aren't really useful.
Does anyone have any advice for making an ahhh choir voice, and an ooohhh choir voice? If someone does, thank you.
And umm, i do mean to know how making choir voices can be done in Synth1, just to prevent confusion in the subject.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

LPChip

Regardless the plugin, make sure you add an echo with short settings to multiply the sounds (or more synth1 instances) and tunnel all to a reverb with long decay to create a realistic choir sustain.

Not sure Synth1 has the ability to create a realistic choir though. You may need samples for that. Like a SF2 with sf2 vsti.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: LPChip on March 20, 2015, 07:45:15
Like a SF2 with sf2 vsti.
So you basically say "to synthesize a choir, take a sample of a choir." Well done, that's really helpful! ::)
Naturally, as a very "classic" virtual analog synth, Synth1 is not the most suitable tool for your goal, especially since you won't find things like formant filters. The closest you can probably get (with a single instance, anyway) is some kind of choir "pad" that vaguely sounds like a choir.
There's one pad I have been using a couple of times, "Above" from bwwd's pad bank, and I'd say it vaguely resembles an ethereal choir. I'd say the key here is to use the pulse waveform with a relatively low pulse width and of course tons of chorus and reverb.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Got it.  That Synth1 preset of you Saga Musix sounds very good. I love ethereal sounds :).
I managed to get some results to, after tweaking parameters hours (it wasn't very rewarding, mind it).
Im posting them, if someone might need them.

QuoteYou may need samples for that. Like a SF2 with sf2 vsti.
And then sample (rip) the voices seperate (in an multisample instrument), i guess.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

Quote from: FreezeFlame(Alchemy) on March 20, 2015, 15:29:35
Got it.  That Synth1 preset of you Saga Musix sounds very good. I love ethereal sounds :).
It's not mine. As said, it's from the "pads bank by bwwd", which features many really nice pads. Maybe I should add something like that to my new Synth1 bank though, hmm...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.