Getting the standard DirectX DMO effects to work in OpenMPT on Wine

Started by Saga Musix, March 10, 2015, 11:50:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Note: Starting from OpenMPT 1.27, this workaround is no longer required. All standard DMOs are emulated right within OpenMPT without the need to install anything.

This has been asked a couple of times (not necessarily on this forum), so I thought I should probably write this down in a place where people can find it. So here goes:

It's really simple. Run winetricks dsdmo, restart OpenMPT, and you're done! Now your modules with DMO effects will sound just the same as they did on Windows.

Caveat: This currently only works with the 32-bit version of OpenMPT. If you have access to a 64-bit Windows machine, you may able to obtain a 64-bit copy of dsdmo.dll from that machine for the 64-bit version of OpenMPT, though.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Kitsune_Phoenix